Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I just got the Treo 700P, my first Treo in fact. I have a screen protector to protect the screen, but thoughts out there on how to protect the camera lens from getting scratched?
    I tried the screen protector on the lens and the pictures were absolutely terrible. Your best bet is to get a case that covers the lens.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I guess the main issue is...does the lens get scratched really easily during day to day use?
    Martin Fields screen protectors are the best.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJ
    I guess the main issue is...does the lens get scratched really easily during day to day use?
    not in my experience
    1 | 2
    I measured my speed on 2wire's site which was more encouraging (660kbps).....until I read this:

What does this test actually measure?
    This connection tests how fast your computer can load a Web page from the 2Wire Website. It does not measure the speed of your ISP connection, but rather the speed at which the page is received and appears in your browser.

Based on the performance of Orb, I'm more inclined to believe DSLreports. I realize that maybe Blazer is the problem, but consider this. Blazer is AN INTERGRAL part of the 700P and really is PART OF THE WHOLE DEVICE. At least at this time if you want to stream video from Orb, YOU HAVE TO USE BLAZER. Maybe Kinoma or TCMP will be able stream directly and do a better job of Kinoma/Blazer, but right now it's all we have. Therefore I stand by my original conclusion that the Orb problem and slow speeds on the network are the 700P's fault, not the network.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    I measured my speed on 2wire's site which was more encouraging (660kbps).....until I read this:
    You're in the wrong thread, aren't ya?