Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I searched for an answer for about 1/2 hour and didn't find one.
    My 650 is not hot synching. After checking Palm's support page and speaking with Verizon tech help it appears I have to hard reset the Treo. I did this once about 6 months ago but it's not fresh in my memory. I know how to do the hard reset but I don't remember how to get all my apps back. Will I have to manually reinstall all of them or when I sync will they reinstall themseves?
    I use Agendus Pro 10.4 for business, passwords plus, Pocket Tunes Deluxe and a couple of games. I'm really afraid of losing the Agendus for even a second. Any refresher info someone could give me would be much appreciated. I just want to be comfortable before I start the process
    Thanks
    it's in the FAQ's on the treocentral home page.

good luck!
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Thanks Dutch, but all I found was instructions on how to do the hard reset not how to get all my info and apps back on the Treo afterword.
    Hi Justin!

If you do a hard reset and a hotsync -- everything should come back the way it was on your last hotsync.

However -- this also may bring back the problem -- if it was third party software corruption somewhere. If this is the case -- you will need to do a clean install -- which requires you to re-install all your third party software fresh:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...85&postcount=8
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/15/2006 at 12:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Thanks Perry. and Dutch too. I'll give it a shot
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I have a problem. It's not syching after the hard reset and I don't really know what to do from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin V
    I use XP Pro on the desktop. I'm in a panic now. I don't get anything when I try to synch
    XP Pro should be compatible.

Is the Treo cleaned of all data after the Hard Reset? (Fresh out of the box condition.)

What do you mean "don't get anything?" How far does the process proceed? Is the device recognized? Is your userid? Or does the process complete -- but no data is brought down to the Treo?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Just a follow up to all. After the hard reset my 650 still will not synch. All I get is an error message stating that "communication between device and PC could not be established check your set up and try again". Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I'm quite worried and certainly not as knowledgable as many here so I hope someone can help. I now have none of the info I need for work on my Treo. Any thoughts would be appreciated>
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    No Perry, It is not recognizing the device at all.
    Wiggle your Hot Sync cable into the Treo -- that was an issue in the past -- and your connection between the Treo and the cable may not be being made fully. Some people had bad cables right off the bat and had to get them replaced -- yours may have finally gotten grouchy.

Just for giggles reboot your PC, as well.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I'll try, Unfortunately I thought of that the other day and picked up a new cable and tried it....still got nothing, so I returned it.
    Do the PC reboot.

Inspect the cable end -- anything look amiss? Prongs look okay?
    How about inside the Treo's end? Any debris or such? Lint? Spilt diet coke?
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/15/2006 at 01:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Seems to look normal. My cable tip looked the same as the new one I had the other day too. It could be the Treo input end I suppose but there's no lint and nothing looks amiss. I'm on hold w/ Verizon now. Not that I expect them to have better answers than treocentral users but we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin V
    Seems to look normal. My cable tip looked the same as the new one I had the other day too. It could be the Treo input end I suppose but there's no lint and nothing looks amiss. I'm on hold w/ Verizon now. Not that I expect them to have better answers than treocentral users but we'll see.
    If the connection cannot be made with a hard reset Treo: You either need a new cable, a new Treo or there is a software issue on the PC.

How about the other end of the cable? Plugged into the PC okay? Try a different USB slot?
    Is your hotsynch ID the same as before? If it was johnsmith before, is it still johnsmith? And not something like john.smith or jsmith.

Also, per Perry's instructions, if you renamed you backup folder, you'll need to copy all of the files from the "backupold" to the new backup folder.

Are you getting the hotsynch progress window on both the Treo and the PC?
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    No progress window at all. The PC does not seem to be recognizing that the Treo is there. There is no tone sound or progress box at all.
    Did you try a different USB slot?

Did you reboot the PC?
    This happened to me, too. My work around is to tick BOTH "Local" and "USB" under the connection manager (right click the hotsynch icon in the system tray on the PC). But just have it set to cable/modem on the Treo itself.

That is until it stops working. Then I untick USB and it starts synching again. Then when that stops working, I make sure both are ticked and it works again. This is on XP Pro, too.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    USB is handy but fraught with problems that run the gambit from cable to software whatevers. There is a utility from Palm that attempt to correct these problems. Take a look at their website - the link is just too long to post. Also the utility is available from and detailed at
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...y_windows.html

I used the same utility about a year ago with a problem I was having with an HP printer not being recognized. HP wanted to charge me for the information and utility. A bit of looking around on the Palm website took care of the problem.

So, the cable is a big problem often times - I went through 3 cables with my Sprint Treo 600. A different USB slot if it is not recognizing at all on another slot; though that is not too common.

Since you are looking at a hard reset and you have the time, the installation of an uninstall manager may be worth considering. If you are not running a backup to SD card program, I would seriously suggest doing so before going any further. You can either do a full restore or a partial restore...

Ben
    Ben
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast