Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would like it for ZL quick launch, but what do you do when you want to change volume? It says hit side key to confirm.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nzwarner
    is there a way to get the side button to actually toggle the bluetooth instead of just taking you to the bluetooth application?

Perhaps BTToggle Pro will help?
    http://www.whizoo.com/apps/bttogglepro.php

Note: I don't use it, and see there's only a beta with buggy support for the Treo 650, so maybe not.

So, anyone know of other apps out there that can toggle BT? If so, that can be mapped to the side button.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Ok. So do you accidentally press the side button alot?
    Yeah, I carry the 700p naked in my pocket. I don't like all the condoms and plastic wrappers keeping me from direct contact with my gadgetry. Naked works better for me.

If I mapped the side button to answer a call, chances are when the phone rings, I'd reach into my pocket and accidentally answer the call before I even had a chance to see who was calling.

So I map that button to something I'd like to have accessible quickly (Camera, or Hotsync) but not something that could lead to embarrassment or annoyance (answering an unwanted call.)
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    And a double-click invokes KB LightsOff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Yeah, I carry the 700p naked in my pocket. I don't like all the condoms and plastic wrappers keeping me from direct contact with my gadgetry. Naked works better for me.

If I mapped the side button to answer a call, chances are when the phone rings, I'd reach into my pocket and accidentally answer the call before I even had a chance to see who was calling.

So I map that button to something I'd like to have accessible quickly (Camera, or Hotsync) but not something that could lead to embarrassment or annoyance (answering an unwanted call.)

So if mapping the side button to answering calls is optional and configurable, just like all the other things you can map the side button to, why did you take such issue with it when I suggested that it should be able to do that (answer calls by pressing the side button)?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    So if mapping the side button to answering calls is optional and configurable, just like all the other things you can map the side button to, why did you take such issue with it when I suggested that it should be able to do that (answer calls by pressing the side button)?
    I didn't take any issue. I just thought to myself, "wow, that's something I wouldn't do. I know it would lead to me answering the phone when I didn't really intend to."
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm probably being dense here, but I see the option for "press and hold" on the button prefs for the side button. Is there a way to set a single simple push of the button to an app? Didn't see this in LudasP either....
    Quote Originally Posted by IEFesq
    I think it was placed there in anticipation of "Direct Connect" walkie-talkie like function, ala Nextel.. just a thought.
    More than a thought...its prabable tangible evidence to whats to come.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12