Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mogulman, it lays in your ear, but isn't like a earplug.
    So still no 700p disconnect issues with this one?
    any reports of success w/the T 650??? thx. -g
    I just got mine yesterday. Transfers to and from the headset are imediate, reconnects perfectly. Sound quality is good. I was a huge fan of the Scala 500 on my Sprint 650, so decided to try this with my new Sprint 700P, especially considering the price.
    Works very well on my phone. It has good incoming volume and outgoing sound is very clear. It's very light and comfortable. I had 6 hours of calls yesterday and the battery held up the whole time (can't say the same for the Treo). DSP is tuned to allow some background noise, but the voice is always clear and there is no clipping.

The only negatives so far is that I get a mild background hiss when I'm near my wifi sources. It's not very annoying. Sounds a bit like comfort noise turned up a notch. Away from wifi there is no hiss. Thankfully, you can turn off the blue indicator light because that thing is huge! You could use it to read in a dark room in a pinch.

Oh, and it's ugly. I was using a Sony HBH-610 until the battery finally died. Compared to that, the Scala 700 is pretty clunky looking. Asthetics aside, it works very well.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    The Scala 700 is very light and quite a bit smaller then the Scala 500. Here is a link to my Treo picture blog with a side-by-side comparisson of the Scala 700 flanked by the Scala 500 and the older model Treo BT headset. While it is smaller and lighter then the 500, it is still just about as thick. As with its predecessor, the 700 uses an ear loop for attachment to ones ear. The new ear loop is thinner then the previous ear loop on the 500. The overall fit is quite comfortable.
    Thank you so much for that picture comparison. It truly helped. I am still waiting to hear of some bad reviews as it relates to the 650. There were a ton on CNET.com wrt the Scala 500, but no review of the 700 yet.
    I just thought I'd add a link to my review on Amazon. In short, I'm very pleased with the Scala 700 with my Treo 700p. It's a massive improvement over the Plantronics 510. Good stuff.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trombs View Post
    I just thought I'd add a link to my review on Amazon Amazingly, I can use this headset in a convertible at freeway speeds; I can hear the caller and the caller can hear me. That's simply astonishing..
    Wow! For the past year that I have been using BT headset(s) I have lamented that nobody cares about us convertible drivers! If Scala has truly reinvented the wheel, I say to them, to paraphrase Sally Fields, "You love me, you really really do!" Thanx for the reveiw!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I got my Scala 700 last week and LOVE IT. I had an old Motorola HS820 that worked great with my old phone, but the volume was so low with the 700w. The Scala has good range and I really like the ring tone. I got my wife one for her I730 and it works well with that phone as well. Decision to buy was due to this thread, thanks!!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Anyone used the "swap technology" ?

Curious as I use a phone and the treo , would come in very handy!
    sjjones, I'll let you know in a few days. I ordered a Scala 700 to work with my VZW Treo 700P (Personal) and my Nextel 7520 Blackberry (work). I should have it later this week.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    sjjones, I'll let you know in a few days. I ordered a Scala 700 to work with my VZW Treo 700P (Personal) and my Nextel 7520 Blackberry (work). I should have it later this week.
    Took the risk myself have i coming tomorrow overnight but thank you!

Have amp'd service with Motorola E816 and verizon 700p hope it works as since having the Motorola I hardly ever use the minutes on the treo because I love BT
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Well I got the Cardo Scala 700 and want to temper my enthusiasm and some others' as well. This has made great strides as a "convertible-compatible" BT headset, but there are some fine tuning that is still needed. Firstly, swap technology, have not used it so no comment. The BT headset finder technology worked the 1st time I tried it. The compatibility with my 650 (Cingular) is great & easy; it connects faster than my Treo BT headset.

The ear piece volume is much improved over others, but still needs more boost. Part of the problem is that the speaker is not an in the ear canal gel, but over the canal type. It is improved over other over the canal types because the contour of the speaker is made to fit snugly in the contour of the ear rather than just laying there. The problem with that is that the contour of my ear is a tad too small for the contour of the speaker so it either hurts a tad or pops out. I am a male with average to small ears (I guess) so if you believe you have average to large ears (no, not Dumbo) then it will probably work fine; females beware. I wish they had made an ear gel option! Ugh!

The microphone wind-technology is great. It is tucked in on the side of the "boom" closest to your face as opposed to the end of the boom where it would be in direct contact with the wind. Also they apparently have techno-altered it so that it cuts down on the wind noise. It actually works! My wife, who is hard to please (when it comes to BT, that is) said it was head and shoulders above the rest! It is not perfect, as in doing 65 MPH (tee hee) on the freeway still causes some to ask me to repeat myself, but they usually ask me only 1-2 times per a short conversation rather than just give up on me and hand up.

If you can try it out 1st, before you buy, it might be prudent. I am keeping mine until they come out with the next model with an ear gel. Ciao, Ian
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Since Treo Central has been out of stock for some time, where is a good place to order from that will allow easy returns without re-stocking fees.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    My experience hasn't been as great... I have it paired with both my 700wx and Samsung A920 phones. When it works, it's great, but more often than not, I can't pick up either phone. The headset almost seems to "lock up" after a while, and I cannot switch between the two phones (you actually do a double-click on the wheel to switch phones). Sometimes neither phone will reactivate, and I have to turn the headset off, let it sit for a minute, then turn it back on and MAYBE it will start synching up right. When it works, it works well. I'll continue trying it for another week or so, and I'll even call Cardo tomorrow, but my high hopes have been thusfar dashed...

Argh!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Real short comparison against the samsung 200.

Samsung sounds less "tinny" maybe because it fits inside the ear canal.

Sound level on both is good.

A little more static on the Scala.

Out going Sound: per my assistant the Scala is the best(of many)

Fit, the Scala is better because of the ear hook ,Samsung comfort level is so so , Scala it sits more on top of the ear so you can forget its there, but everyones ear fit is different so thats ??

Swap function works pretty good, press the wheel twice it shuts BT on one phone and starts the other very quickly.

Both BT start to crackle and loose signal when i move to the other side of my body so equal.

the best test is over a week or two so we will see but that was a quick observation
    Why doesn't everyone read the reviews and test the WEP200 with the Jabra ear gels?
    Well, I just got my Scala 700 today and have had very little opportunity to use it, but for those who were asking about the swap capability, I can say that it works very smoothly. I paired the headset to both my VZW Treo 700P and then to my Nextel 7520 BB. If I want to swap between phones I simply press the volume "wheel" in twice. It disconnects from one phone and reconnects to the other one. I must have done it a dozen times as I was showing a few people and it worked fine. The phone can be paired to a maximum of eight phones and the swap function works with the last two paired handsets that were used with the headset.

That being said, I do still need to evaluate the overall quality of the unit. I have only made two calls so far, so the jury is still out. I will say that the unit is very small, which I like and yet the speaker rests very comfortably in the contour of my ear. Better than the Scala 500 for certain. So far, pretty positive.
    Is the earpiece on the Scala 700 the right shape for adding a Jabra eargel?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    Is the earpiece on the Scala 700 the right shape for adding a Jabra eargel?
    Perrt sure you would have to glue it on on, theres nothing for the eargel to "hold On' too.

Its fairly stubby and sloped
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12