Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Just got the 700p today (sprint). After setting up an email account, I click Menu, Options, Preferences and see a list of items I can change, one of which is "Alerts". This spits out a long list of alert sounds with lots of great potential ringtones. Problem is that these are not listed in the ringtones for the phone.

    How can I use these sounds which are already on the device as ringtones?

    Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. #2  
    Those are Versamail alerts not "system" alerts.

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  3.    #3  
    So is there no way to convert the Versamail alerts into "system" alerts that you know of? I'd love to be able to use 'Cheers' and the 'A-Team' themes!

    Thank you
  4. #4  
    Your VersaMail has the themes from "Cheers" and the "A-team"?!

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by machv
    This spits out a long list of alert sounds with lots of great potential ringtones.
    Long list? My Versamail alerts list is 8 entries (9 if you count "None"):
    None
    System
    Alarm
    Alert
    Bird
    Concerto
    Phone
    Sci-fi
    Wake up
  6.    #6  
    Yes, lots of music and tv themes. Have also run across 'Emerald Sounds' but can't seem to get it to display the sounds as 'ringtones' either, only showing up when I go to "Email, Menu, Options, Preferences, Delivery Alerts".
  7. #7  
    WTF? Does anyone else have TV themes in Versamail?! I have the same list pilot1000.

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    WTF? Does anyone else have TV themes in Versamail?! I have the same list pilot1000.
    I have the same list as you. Just alert sounds.

    Anyone know WHY they removed the option to repeat the alarm sound when the alarm went off? I don't mean after a delay, that still exists. I'm talking about the alarm sound was played multiple times (your choice). If you choose a short alarm sound, repeating the sound makes it easier to hear.

    If "beep beep" is the alarm sound and you had it to repeat 3 times, you would hear "beep beep""beep beep""beep beep" everytime the alarm went off.
    Last edited by chodaboy; 06/15/2006 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Added example.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by machv
    Yes, lots of music and tv themes. Have also run across 'Emerald Sounds' but can't seem to get it to display the sounds as 'ringtones' either, only showing up when I go to "Email, Menu, Options, Preferences, Delivery Alerts".
    Oh, did you install Emerald Sounds? I believe that modifies your System Sounds, which is what Versamail uses. The System sounds are separate from the ringtone database.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy
    I have the same list as you. Just alert sounds.

    Anyone know WHY they removed the option to repeat the alarm sound when the alarm went off? I don't mean after a delay, that still exists. I'm talking about the alarm sound was played multiple times (your choice). If you choose a short alarm sound, repeating the sound makes it easier to hear.

    If "beep beep" is the alarm sound and you had it to repeat 3 times, you would hear "beep beep""beep beep""beep beep" everytime the alarm went off.
    I don't know why they removed it. I would like the Alarm sound to repeat as well. Not annoying as the other sounds in Versamail, but more noticeable than the default system sound (single beep). Better yet, I would like Versamail to be able to use any ringtone you specify. I know, I could BUY another email client that does that, but Versamail works for me, except for the lame sounds.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy
    I have the same list as you. Just alert sounds.

    Anyone know WHY they removed the option to repeat the alarm sound when the alarm went off? I don't mean after a delay, that still exists. I'm talking about the alarm sound was played multiple times (your choice). If you choose a short alarm sound, repeating the sound makes it easier to hear.

    If "beep beep" is the alarm sound and you had it to repeat 3 times, you would hear "beep beep""beep beep""beep beep" everytime the alarm went off.
    I second that motion. Doesnt really make sense that they would remove that option. maybe someone forgot to put it in the OS. I just noticed this yesterday when my alarm only went off once for like a milisecond and a half, and i barely heard it. I thought that something was wrong with my Treo. The only alternative was to pick one of the sounds that played a long tune. Such as Loud Aria, annoying but neccessary. Just one more PALM *u*k up.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    I second that motion. Doesnt really make sense that they would remove that option. maybe someone forgot to put it in the OS. I just noticed this yesterday when my alarm only went off once for like a milisecond and a half, and i barely heard it. I thought that something was wrong with my Treo. The only alternative was to pick one of the sounds that played a long tune. Such as Loud Aria, annoying but neccessary. Just one more PALM *u*k up.

    Who wants to set up a tutorial for extracting a sound file from the Treo and using some PC freeware to creat a new file with the same sound repeated 3-5 times?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  13. #13  
    Quick tutorial:

    1. In Versamail (or whatever), attach the sound that you would like to modify.
    2. Send it to your PC.
    3. Save the attachment with the extension ".mid"
    4. Use a midi editor and copy/paste existing notes/sound for the desired length.
    5. Save the file as another name, e.g. Alarm2.mid.
    6. Attach to an email and send to your Treo.
    7. Save the attachment in your ringtones, and select it for use in your Calendar alerts.

    If I have opportunity this evening or tomorrow, I'll post a modified Alarm sound.

    * Note: Versamail alerts cannot be modified using this procedure.
  14. #14  
    Here's a modified Alarm sound with 3 repeats. It's a little louder than the default alarm sound.

    Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Posting Permissions