1.    #1  
    First, why did Palm remove Note Pad and Expense. Isn't the Treo 700p aimed in part at business people? (This isn't a rhetorical question; I'd really like to know.)

Second, I've found these missing applications on these forums (yes, the wonderful search function), but how well do they work on the 700p? I'm going to install Expense, so I'll find out about that one, but what about the others: Note Pad and Blue Chat (not sure there's even a point to using Blue Chat).

Postscript: What applications really make use of the Treo 700p's smartphone capabilities? (e.g., MobiTV, etc.)
    I think that Palm has gotten away with a lot with respect to business users. I guess they think we have unlimited money and don't mind spending more on extra applications that do what POS should be doing in the first place. Think what $700 can buy in a desktop these days. Palm better get off the couch and pay attention because with the Moto Q flying out the door the business user is all Palm has to keep them in business.
    Palm Pilot Personal>Palm Professional>Palm IIIxe>Kyocera 6035>Kyocera 7135>Treo 700p
    There are still many end users, like myself, that will never (within their powers) purchase a Windows Mobile based phone. At least not until you can buy a clip on firewall for it, such as that needed for your home computer :-D
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us
  4.    #4  
    This is a long shot, but is there a way to add these missing applications to the desktop? Just wondering.

I've got Expense and Note Pad working flawlessly, but I remember on my T3, I could view these on the desktop. I can easily live without it, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsmark View Post
    This is a long shot, but is there a way to add these missing applications to the desktop? Just wondering.

I've got Expense and Note Pad working flawlessly, but I remember on my T3, I could view these on the desktop. I can easily live without it, but...
    I have been trying to find out how to get Note Pad on my 700p. Please how do I get it. I will greatly appreciate your suggestion
    Quote Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    I think that Palm has gotten away with a lot with respect to business users. I guess they think we have unlimited money and don't mind spending more on extra applications that do what POS should be doing in the first place.
    I disagree. From a stability standpoint it makes sense to include only those apps that are absolutely necessary in the ROM. Let's face it, you can't beat Palm's simplicity and ease of use. However, its lack of protected memory at the OS level makes it very vulnerable to buggy software.

My guess is that the majority of those with repeated stability issues have installed multiple third party apps.

I had my 700P for some time before installing a new launcher, etc., etc. Before I did this my treo ram flawlessly. Recently I had to do a hard reset and was amazed at how much faster my 700P operated.

Moral of the story is only install what u REALLY need. If you are going to experiment with apps, install NVbackup (free) first and an uninstaller..

Greg
    Last edited by gzartman; 05/03/2007 at 01:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Sheet to Go (probably) is a more business like application to use for expenses.
    If one were in business, presumably, the format of an Excel spreadsheet would be sufficient. Similarly with the Word to Go application. Since the Treos have abandoned the use of Graffiti, the Memo pad and/or Word to Go application should be sufficient (or at least I guess that is the logic).
    Quote Originally Posted by kenogu View Post
    I have been trying to find out how to get Note Pad on my 700p. Please how do I get it. I will greatly appreciate your suggestion
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=Notepad

Post number 10