1.    #1  
    Sorry to bring this up in another forum, but doesn't the fact that you can't look up a contact by company bother anyone? As a long time Palm user I am used to doing this simple tast several times a day. I can't believe I have not seen more people mention this issue.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post1020870
    Palm Pilot Personal>Palm Professional>Palm IIIxe>Kyocera 6035>Kyocera 7135>Treo 700p
    I never knew you could do this.. I've always searched for people by their name, since that's how I remember them... though I do understand your frustration with this "feature" being deleted.
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalJEM
    I never knew you could do this.. I've always searched for people by their name, since that's how I remember them... though I do understand your frustration with this "feature" being deleted.
    Me too. No complaints.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Look-up by company name would be a nice feature to have.

Sometimes the "Find" (Option - Left Shift) function is helpful
    for doing this search.

I use Categories for managing this (I have around 20 categories
    in my Treo address book).

In any case, the Treo address book is waaaay ahead of the
    idiotic stuff on other cellphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    I use Categories for managing this (I have around 20 categories
    in my Treo address book).

In any case, the Treo address book is waaaay ahead of the
    idiotic stuff on other cellphones.
    Isn't the limit 17?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster
    Isn't the limit 17?
    I wrote "around" 20... never bothered to count...

...14, excluding "All" and "Unfiled"

- mvk
    Game over!
    Here is how I have become accustomed to doing my company filtering/searching. Read post 23 here.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  8.    #8  
    I don't know about everyone else, but driving down the road using one hand I can't hit a half dozen buttons and filters to look up a number. If Kyocera could do it with their two PDAs using Palm software why can't Palm do it? It's just unacceptable to have a lookup feature that makes it impossible to find a company contact on a product geared for business.
    Palm Pilot Personal>Palm Professional>Palm IIIxe>Kyocera 6035>Kyocera 7135>Treo 700p
    And as you add more and more contacts to your device, the lack of automated search features for fields other then 'name' becomes more frustrating - while the Palm Contacts app is very good, I find it too limiting because of this. One of the many reasons why TAKEphONE will always be on whatever Treo I may have.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  10.    #10  
    I am sorry, but if I didn't have this feature on other phones with Palm software I may not have expected it on the Palm Treo. I don't see this as a matter of the Treo not working well, it is a matter of it not working at all. The lookup just doesn't work. It doesn't really work correctly even if you are just looking up a personal contact.

Has Takephone been working well for you on the 700p Beantown? I hope the software works better than their website.
    Last edited by Insight; 06/15/2006 at 10:11 AM.