Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    What an appropriate avatar for hub, considering these Motricity hassles!

Good luck, hub.
  2. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Just as an update, after my last post I sent a new email to Motricity as if it was a new request. It has been two days and I have not heard a thing. I guess they have decided I am persona non grata. Today I will try a new tactic.
    I also had the VoiceDial for the 650, when I requested an updated registration code from the palm site for the Treo 700p I was given a $19.99 credit to buy any software application because I had purchased Voicedial from Handago and they didnt have my records. So try to get a credit and purchae what you want...I did purchase Voice Dial again for the Treo 700p
  4. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I have read that some others have had the same success, but I have not. I received several responses from Motricity telling me that I had to buy the license again but they never offered any kind of credit. Now, they are ignoring my emails. Could you provide the web-address for the page you used to submit your request?

Quote Originally Posted by MsRandall
    I also had the VoiceDial for the 650, when I requested an updated registration code from the palm site for the Treo 700p I was given a $19.99 credit to buy any software application because I had purchased Voicedial from Handago and they didnt have my records. So try to get a credit and purchae what you want...I did purchase Voice Dial again for the Treo 700p
    I sent an email to this address, palmone@palmone.com problem is I purchased the Voicedial again with the credit given to me by palm and then Handango sent me an updated key too 2 days later..I wish I would have waited to purchase it again.
    Was offered the credit within 2 hours of my initial email to Motricity. Got a new code this AM.
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I just bought my fiance a new Razor from Verizon and it includes voicedial 2.0 for free, yet they charge us treo 700p users for it... just thought I'd let you all know.
    One question before I jump into the fray: How good is VoiceDial? I used Voice Command (?) on my 6700 and it's accuracy was pretty good.

How does VoiceDial compare?
    Quote Originally Posted by michman81
    i wanna know exactly why it cant work though bluetooth? even the cheapest freebie bluetooth phones can do voice dial over them. It cant be an OS limitation and its becoming a big turn off to a phone I really like but not pulling it out every time i need to make a call, thats the whole point of bluetooth- handsfree. I cant name any new/current BT pone that cant voicedial besides the palm treo's yet the windows version can, explain that
    I just can't believe that this isn't being screamed all over the various Treo fan sites. Why on earth can't this supposed be-all end-all of smartphones do voice dial through a bluetooth headset? This one feature is pretty much of a deal-breaker for me - what's the point of having a phone this sophisticated if I have to take it out and dial calls the same as I did 15 years ago when $50 'phones do it with no difficulty at all?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I just upgraded to the 700p and last night I sent email to swcsupport@palm.com asking for a new reg key for VoiceDial. This morning I had a reply explaining how they were not the same company that I had purchased from, but if I would create a SWC account, they would help me out. I created the account and then replied to the email informing them of the email address I used when creating the account. Within an hour I had a response telling me I had a $19.95 credit in that account and to go ahead and buy the software again. Voila.

I sure can't complain about the support I have recieved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treonite
    One question before I jump into the fray: How good is VoiceDial? I used Voice Command (?) on my 6700 and it's accuracy was pretty good.

How does VoiceDial compare?
    To my mind there is no comparision with anything else I have seen....no training is what separates it from the pack. Once the whole VSuite is available (Adding VSpeech and VoiceMode) and I am hoping that arrives in 3rd quarter w/ new Treos, it will be all my device dreams come true.
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel
    I just upgraded to the 700p and last night I sent email to swcsupport@palm.com asking for a new reg key for VoiceDial. This morning I had a reply explaining how they were not the same company that I had purchased from, but if I would create a SWC account, they would help me out. I created the account and then replied to the email informing them of the email address I used when creating the account. Within an hour I had a response telling me I had a $19.95 credit in that account and to go ahead and buy the software again. Voila.

I sure can't complain about the support I have recieved.
    Same problem here. Just kicked out an email requesting my code. I hope they're as helpful with me as they were with you!
    That guy Daniel has been VERY responsive; he's already issued me a credit; now we're exchanging emails to find my account!

Gotta give them props today...
    It's done! They had me set up a new account and gave me a credit for $19.99. I simply repurchased voice dialing with no problem! This time I put my registration code somewhere where I can find it though.......
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12