1.    #1  
    I know that when trying to send a txt msg you can just start typing the name and it should autocomplete....however that doesnt appear to be working on my unit. Should I delete Goodlink or is there some other setting that can be changed such that the messaging app can read the Goodlink contacts list?
    GoodLink does not use the Treo native databases, so the auto-type from the today screen does not have the added functions. We are working on changing that, though I don't have a time frame.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    It would be great to have a fix from Good. But can't Palm make a fix as well. I had Good on my Treo 650 and I thought when you'd select the "To" drop down one of the options was "Look up contact" or something like that. I lost my 650, thus the new 700, so I can't confirm that's how it worked, but I'm pretty sure it did.

Why did Palm take away that lookup option. Now it's a total hassle to send an SMS to someone you haven't sent one too yet.
    yah, the 600 with good had the lookup option. i miss that option terribly. i'd either like to see it back, or see it changed so that autotype works for good.
    I miss that too
    I've wanted the "Look up contact" feature of SMS back and I thought GOOD was getting in the way.

I used FileZ and changed Creator from "Padd" to "Pad2" -- that did restore PALM native contact app - yeah! (and Home key first goes to Apps not Good)

However, Look up contact was still not back. I was bit miffed until I got to thinking, maybe just maybe, we're a bit too hard on Palm (okay, not!) - anyway... Palm did not take it away - they just made it better.

When you are in SMS (Messaging) - just start typing the name and the app starts matching from your address book (should have RTFM - page 146 and 147).

hmm! wonder if it worked even before I changed GOOD Creator?

p.s. it does not matter how you set the phone dial - Typing dials phone number or Typing starts Contact search
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
    Ok, I do like how you can type the name and it pops up...but I want to be able to scroll through all of my list at times so i can send text to more than one person but i forget they are on my list.... so without "look up contact" is there away to scroll through all the names????