Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I would like to excercise with my Treo and hang it around the neck. There should be some kind of device for this, wouldn't it?

Anyone that knows?
    ========================
    Andreas Carlsson, Borås, Sweden
    You could try one of these.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Great! Thanks CGordonn!
    ========================
    Flava Flaaaav!!!!
    Why not get a bluetooth stereo headset or earbuds and put the precious Treo safely on the bench/cupholder/nearby instead of boucing perilously, dripping with sweat? I plan to get either this (Nokia) or that (Sony). You'll have to also buy the Softick Audio Gateway, but it's a small price to pay for wireless freedom.

Disclaimer: no confirmation yet that either of these work with the SAG, but I plan to buy the Nokia's soon and test it out.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I searched fot excactly that, but I couldn't find anything with a reasonable price. I'll look at your links though.

Why do you need SAG, is it not possible for the OS itself to play to Bluetooth?

Thanks!
    ========================
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I am seeing visions of Flavor Flav.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    You could try one of these.
    I bought one... very good for an Ipod, but not so good for the Treo. It feld akward, and since it is not designed specifically for the Treo it is a bit tight. Also, I find it is hard to access the 5way navigation pad since the plastic is all over it.

Too bad, because I like the idea...

- Jeeman
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Nope. That requires something called A2DP and even the Treo 700P doesn't have that implemented. Bluetooth has a number of related technologies and A2DP is one of them. So just because a device can "do bluetooth" doesn't mean it can do A2DP. The Treo 650 and 700P can do other modes that communicate audio for a phone call with BT headsets, but that's different from streaming music to a stereo headset. Remember, it's not like the audio jack on the Treo which is analog. BT is all digital, so the transmission of data so that it plays on the other end isn't quite as streightforward...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    Nope. That requires something called A2DP and even the Treo 700P doesn't have that implemented. Bluetooth has a number of related technologies and A2DP is one of them. So just because a device can "do bluetooth" doesn't mean it can do A2DP. The Treo 650 and 700P can do other modes that communicate audio for a phone call with BT headsets, but that's different from streaming music to a stereo headset. Remember, it's not like the audio jack on the Treo which is analog. BT is all digital, so the transmission of data so that it plays on the other end isn't quite as streightforward...
    Ok, thanks for the clarification.
    I've looked at some BT headsets, but they still use cables (to control the music at least) and it feels that they should be smaller before I spend money on them...
    ========================
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mzill748
    Flava Flaaaav!!!!
    ROTFLMAO!

Don't believe the hype!