Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
    tell me this, when you click on the phone app, then scroll down to your favorites buttons, is there a lag?

for me, there is a solid 2 second lag before it becomes responsive. this alone drives me nuts!

This drives me up the wall as well.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Seems the issue is the 700 is slower at accessing data then the 650 by a good margin. This would cause the skips in Ptunes and the lag when switching apps large apps. Also explains why some people find blazer opens faster when the cache is clear.
    The other thing is that bcoutlander's scores shouldn't be used. His 650 tests incredibly slowly for some reason.

My pbench data access score is 1400! Nearly TWICE that of the 700p and my Speedy benchmark is 2055-2100 every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    The other thing is that bcoutlander's scores shouldn't be used. His 650 tests incredibly slowly for some reason.

My pbench data access score is 1400! Nearly TWICE that of the 700p and my Speedy benchmark is 2055-2100 every time.
    That is fine.... But your 650 is the only one I have heard of testing that high also.. I have ran Speedy on 4 different 650s(3 SPCS and 1 VZWS) and they have all tested near the same as mine. Is your 650 a GSM? or overclocked?

What have others 650's tested at?
    i have this and yes drives me crazy too. i thought it was a conflict with a program.i hope they do an update to fix this. i have sprint. my friend's verizon does not do this
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
    tell me this, when you click on the phone app, then scroll down to your favorites buttons, is there a lag?

for me, there is a solid 2 second lag before it becomes responsive. this alone drives me nuts!
    this drives me INSANE.

i dont understand how after 18 months this is what we get lol
    1 | 2
    ^no lag here.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Yeah I get the little lag.. like you have to wait for the "Sprint" in the corner to pop up before you can move anything... it's like a good second and a half... annoying!
    ^I get that lag too - about one second. But I think he means once you're in the phone app (sprint already showing) then try to get to favorites by scrolling down.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    ^I get that lag too - about one second. But I think he means once you're in the phone app (sprint already showing) then try to get to favorites by scrolling down.
    ohhh ok... no no lag here when already in phone app...
    Does everyone who has the long lags have a card installed? I have only nine third party apps installed with no card and notice no lag whatsoever. The other day I saw the lag on another 700p (the person said he had 90 apps installed) so I am assuming he had a card as well. We tested the two 700ps side by side and his was clearly slow. I am wondering about the card because it seems that most everyone that has this lag also seems to have mentioned a card. This is a bit too obvious so I suppose I am wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcoutlander
    That is fine.... But your 650 is the only one I have heard of testing that high also.. I have ran Speedy on 4 different 650s(3 SPCS and 1 VZWS) and they have all tested near the same as mine. Is your 650 a GSM? or overclocked?

What have others 650's tested at?
    Sprint 650, not overclocked, bought new in 2/05. My 650 is 50-100% faster than a 700p on all of the benchmarks (VFSMark, Speedy and pBench). I also don't have any lag and can play ptunes in the background without skipping.
    Well the 600 can play ptunes in the background without skipping. Maybe I'll go back to my 600. Hmmmmmmmmm.... NOT!!!
    Sprint 650, not overclocked, bought new in 2/05. My 650 is 50-100% faster than a 700p on all of the benchmarks (VFSMark, Speedy and pBench). I also don't have any lag and can play ptunes in the background without skipping.

The 700p is slow and skippy, but I wouldn't describe pTunes on my 650 as skip-free...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Hmmmm, the lag can possibly eliminated by removing the card??? I'm going to give this a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    The 700p is slow and skippy, but I wouldn't describe pTunes on my 650 as skip-free...
    ptunes has never skipped on my 650 when playing in the background. The only time that it will is if I also load a large application like Chatter and even then the skip is very short and very quick. On the 700p, it skips in the background periodically all by itself and really skips when opening other programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone
    Hmmmm, the lag can possibly eliminated by removing the card??? I'm going to give this a try.
    Did it help?
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    Did it help?
    Why would it and why would it matter? The 700p's VFSMark scores are pathetic compared to the 650, but so are its Data Access scores. It'd also be tough to use pTunes without an SD card.

Of note, all of my 700p testing was done WITHOUT an SD card inserted. Just the blank SD plug that comes in the 700p from the factory. I tested a fresh 700p that had never even been hotsynced by beaming the benchmarking programs from another phone.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I've found the 700p to be much more stable (virtually no resets, except using an old version of bob's alarm, fixed with an upgrade), and the phone app to be better (my 650, when it got below 50% battery, I could barely hear the phone when outside). And the battery life I've found quite comparable (after the initial week or so with the 700p). But it's absolutely slower. With or without an SD card. With Blazer cache at 0 or 900k. And noticably.
    Why would it and why would it matter? The 700p's VFSMark scores are pathetic compared to the 650, but so are its Data Access scores. It'd also be tough to use pTunes without an SD card.

Of note, all of my 700p testing was done WITHOUT an SD card inserted. Just the blank SD plug that comes in the 700p from the factory. I tested a fresh 700p that had never even been hotsynced by beaming the benchmarking programs from another phone.
    Well, it did seem *conceivable* that reading from the card might be slower. But, I imagined that if that were the case, we would have known it by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    Well, it did seem *conceivable* that reading from the card might be slower. But, I imagined that if that were the case, we would have known it by now.
    Um, we've known about it for weeks. All it takes is a VFSMark benchmark using the same card in each device.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast