1.    #1  
    I have been dealing with headphone jack problems with two TREO600's. The phone thinks you have a headset plugged in even when you don't so the handset doesn't work. I found a software solution. VolumeCare by GoTreo allows you to bypass the headset jack which allows the handset to work even if you have a headset plugged in or a defective jack which mades the phone THINK you have a headset plugged in. The only downside is if you want to switch back to using the headset you have to do a soft reset. Small price to pay considering I have been walking around with a headset plugged into my TREO constantly for the last couple of weeks. VolumeCare also has a niffty volume boost which helps with some of the week audio coming from some of the headsets and from the handset itself.
    Just an option for those that don't wish to break open their TREO case and try to fix the headset jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfinn1
    I have been dealing with headphone jack problems with two TREO600's. The phone thinks you have a headset plugged in even when you don't so the handset doesn't work. I found a software solution. VolumeCare by GoTreo allows you to bypass the headset jack which allows the handset to work even if you have a headset plugged in or a defective jack which mades the phone THINK you have a headset plugged in. The only downside is if you want to switch back to using the headset you have to do a soft reset. Small price to pay considering I have been walking around with a headset plugged into my TREO constantly for the last couple of weeks. VolumeCare also has a niffty volume boost which helps with some of the week audio coming from some of the headsets and from the handset itself.
    Just an option for those that don't wish to break open their TREO case and try to fix the headset jack.
    You can also try Freedom which redirects audio when you plug and unplug the headset. it may not work for you but give it a go.