1.    #1  
    Newbie here...I have a 700P (Data Plan + Broadband Access) that I want to tether on the VZW Extended Network when I am traveling to the hinterlands and dial directly into my server. It looks like I can set up a DUN using the "Palm Modem" and this works fine (at least right now since I am in an EVDO 1XRTT area).

First, will DUN work on the extended network?

Second, although I do not need PDAnet since I am paying for the tethering right now, would PDAnet access an extended network in a different fashion than DUN. In other words, right now I can instigate a connection from my laptop with DUN, but if I use PDAnet, the connection is initiated from the 700p. Thanks for any insights!
    This has nothing to do with PDANet but Verizon has almost no roaming for data off network. I have been able to make a Virtual Modem connection to my ISP from a few areas but not all cellular providers support this. It worked for me in Alltel territory. So YMMV.

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by Libbytgb
    Newbie here...I have a 700P (Data Plan + Broadband Access) that I want to tether on the VZW Extended Network when I am traveling to the hinterlands and dial directly into my server. It looks like I can set up a DUN using the "Palm Modem" and this works fine (at least right now since I am in an EVDO 1XRTT area).

First, will DUN work on the extended network?

Second, although I do not need PDAnet since I am paying for the tethering right now, would PDAnet access an extended network in a different fashion than DUN. In other words, right now I can instigate a connection from my laptop with DUN, but if I use PDAnet, the connection is initiated from the 700p. Thanks for any insights!
    First, using the T700 as a modem tethered to your laptop, can be facilitated using either the tethering hack described on the boards here, PDANet or via the VZAccess Manager software that came with the phone and signing up for the "Broadband Access Connect Unlimited" option which costs $15/mo. in addition to any voice/data plan over $79.99/mo. Second, regardless of method used, you will be able to connect in either VZW's 1XRTT or EVDO markets.
    Last edited by enagel; 06/15/2006 at 01:09 PM.