1.    #1  
    Stepped over to the 700w forum and found this:

I'm having a problem with my Treo 700w... Sometimes my power button stops working and I am unable to turn the device on. The device still has a wireless signal (flashing green light), but I can't get it to wake up. The only thing that seems to fix the problem is a soft reset.
    Ditto for my 700p. It's happened a few times. The power button simply won't respond unless I (a) do a soft reset or (b) flip the ringer switch. I am using LudusP, but I haven't reassigned the power button. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I think it's a loose battery. This happened to me last night the (first day I have it) and I removed the cover thinking I had to reset it - tapped the battery, and it came back on.
    Treo 600 --> Treo 700P --> Treo 800W and me and my Mini Coooper S!
    Are you using chatter by any chance? I doubt it's LudusP. Sometimes on my 650, and sometimes on my 700p it takes a few button presses to turn it on. Doesn't happen often, but I've seen it.
    Jimmie Geddes
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo2660
    I think it's a loose battery. This happened to me last night the (first day I have it) and I removed the cover thinking I had to reset it - tapped the battery, and it came back on.
    No, it can't be the battery as the LED flashes like normal.

And to the other reply, no I'm not using chatter.

I've noticed that this happens when the unit is connected to the power cable or USB -- so I think it's some kind of power issue. Once, the unit beeped at me, then I couldn't get it to power on. Great device, but this is strange.
    i had the same problem last night! i plugged it into the usb power cable and it wouldnt turn on until i finally unplugged it when it then lagged but went back to normal. and then happened again in another instance when i plugged it in again.

also, ever since i got the 700p, my LED is not blinking - its just OFF? i cant find anything in prefs to change it? is that normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by herbbette
    ...also, ever since i got the 700p, my LED is not blinking - its just OFF? i cant find anything in prefs to change it? is that normal?
    If your 700p is through Sprint, it is designed to not blink unless you miss a call, have a voicemail, etc).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  7.    #7  
    I'd like to fix the power on issue, but as a Verizon customer, is there any way to turn off that LED? I tried LEDOff, but it doesn't do anything.
    Just wanted to throw my hat in with you all, my treo also doesn't turn on after the screen turns off for a minute. It's very annoying to have to soft reset my 700p to turn it back on...
    Quote Originally Posted by elliotchi
    Just wanted to throw my hat in with you all, my treo also doesn't turn on after the screen turns off for a minute. It's very annoying to have to soft reset my 700p to turn it back on...
    is this in general or when you plug it into the usb charger? this phone is so frustrating/glitchy/buggy - i hope the update ROM that (eventually) comes out will help...
    its funny you asked that, I've noticed that it seems to happen at seemingly random times but the frequency rises when the usb charger is plugged in.

on a side note, after the screen stops turning on, I believe that the 700p actually freezes. I tried plugging the (frozen) phone into the standard charger and the LED didn't turn red...strange...
  11.    #11  
    For me, I suspect it freezes when it loses service. I live in the Santa Cruz, CA, mountains, so I don't always get good reception. However, I have no way of proving this.

I've noticed a prompt before it freezes, but then it unfreezes with another prompt. Go figure--it must be doing something, and, as stated earlier, it is connected to the battery (LED proves that).

Also, it doese not freeze up when it is NOT being charged, only when it is being charged (USB or transformer).

And, again, I can force it to restart by shifting the ringer on and off or by a soft reset. Or, as it appears, just wait a few moments for it to respond. As it does not happen often, I guess I'm not overly concerned, but it will be interesting to see if others experience the same.
    Blogging at Agabus.com

Palm V > Vx > Clie Peg T615C > T3 > Clie TH55 > T3 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p & T3
    adamsmark,

How often would you say you have to shift the ringer on/off to get it to power on again? I've tried the same but with no success...
  13.    #13  
    Just enough to get it to vibrate. Recall that, in my situation, the unit is getting power and is even picking up a signal -- if that's what the blinking green light indicates. Mostly, I wait for the second prompt to power on if this happens.
    Blogging at Agabus.com

Palm V > Vx > Clie Peg T615C > T3 > Clie TH55 > T3 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p & T3
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I got my 700p yesterday and today it is doing something similar. It sits for a couple minute and then it won't turn on. I have to reset it to get it to come back on????
    Leaving my BB is seeming to look like an error on my part.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Well in reviewing what I had recently done I found I had turned on, checked, "Disable Touch Screen Whwn: Incomming calls recieved" When I check this I have the power on issue. When I uncheck it the problem seem to go away.
    Quirk or bug?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Well I am lost, I plugged it into the charger for a bit then came back and I had to reset it again.
    Yep, same problem for me--after I hot sync or perform any of the 3 possible resets, it won't turn on. Usually if I just wait a few moments or hit the power button a few times it comes back to life, but overall the post-reset mode is MUCH slower and seems to "fall asleep" as above--very different than the 650. They need to fix this. However, if my phone is not plugged in and just go to turn it on, MOST of the time it just powers on no problem--so a little less problematic for me than what you guys are describing.
    I've been having this same issue but did not notice that it might have been related to the phone being plugged into the charger til this morning when I did infact have it plugged in. Now it's just sitting on my desk and unplugged and no lock up. This needs to get fixed.
    I was the only person on this board posting this problem two weeks ago (phone suddenly not turning on).

It happened most for me when I was in a subway or a place with no signal. I would get back home and realize the phone was off and it wouldn't turn back on. There were also times when the indicator light would be lit green or be flashing green or be solid red...but the phone would not turn off without me removing the battery and putting it back. Obviously this is a problem if you want to actually receive calls and you don't check your phone constantly to make sure it hasn't turned off (my phone would be off for half a day without me knowing).

I had to send the phone back and all I can tell you is that the new one I received in exchange doesn't have this problem. Time for you guys to exchange.