Hello from a girl in New York City. I've always been a software helper for a living, but this time I need the help. Probably simple. Including my research findings - hopefully this will help someone else too.

SUMMARY:
Treo 650 Hotsync with Palm Desktop process caused a couple hundred Contact records to be lost - actually, the Address Book still contains an 'empty record' for each lost contact.

DETAILS:
* Hotsync Setup: Palm Desktop - Synchronize Contacts

* These 'empty' Contact records appear in Palm Desktop and Treo 650 with the category 'Unnamed', and the only value in the record is a Birthdate of Dec 30, 2027

* The HotSync log shows a Contacts error - my research shows that this is one of those very generic errors that has been issued for years, for all sorts of data problems: "Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation again." Only have 400 Contacts total, so error isn't helpful.

TROUBLESHOOTING SO FAR:
* Palm Desktop's Corruption Check: Tools > Options > Tools - Corrupted File Check. No corrupted records found

* Dbscan v1.9c Utility: Found a couple bad calendar entries but did not help the Contacts issue

* FixAddressDB Utility: Found no problems with Contacts

* Exported data from Palm Desktop as both .csv and .aba and reimported into new User profile

...I'm out of ideas. These 'dummy', empty records are there, so I have to believe that the data exists. I will always backup the Desktop from now on. Lesson learned.

Any help appreciated. Thanks...
Megan