1.    #1  
    I purchaed Launcher x for my 650. The developer now says I must pay again for the 700p!! I emailed him and asked for him to reconsider. No answer. He says it is device specific. I am selling my 650 so neither I nor the new owner can use Launcher x. It does not sem fair. Have others had the same problem?
    LX 1.2.x is a free upgrade from 1.1x. Assuming you used the same sync name under your new 700p as you did your 650, just hotsync the latest version of LX. From LX, press menu, License, SMS registration. Fill in the info and you will get a replacement key.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #3  
    I tried that. I cannot find my order number. I guess I am out of luck.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I don't have my order number either so I haven't even bothered to try
    Guys, I didn't know my original LauncherX order number either. Instead, I gave my hotsynch user id name, and my original password, and then sent an email for help. I then got back a new password via a text message which worked to unlock the new version of LauncherX.

If you need help on this, go to http://www.gotreosoftware.com/ and Jeff should be able to help you.

PS: The new LauncherX password only accepts numbers, not letters.

Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Same here, sent hotsync name and password and they emailed me a new code within 48 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd
    I purchaed Launcher x for my 650. The developer now says I must pay again for the 700p!! I emailed him and asked for him to reconsider. No answer. He says it is device specific. I am selling my 650 so neither I nor the new owner can use Launcher x. It does not sem fair. Have others had the same problem?
    I typically do not charge for device changes. But licenses for all of GoTreo's software are single use licenses as described in the software license agreement.

Replacement license keys will be extended if the phone number remains consistent from one Treo device to the next and you have proof of purchase. Normally we will have a record of you in the master GoTreo database. If you are not in the database, you will be asked for additional information to verify your purchase.

There are 2 ways to request a replacement license key:

1) Manually via an email to support @ GoTreoSoftware.com. In this request we will need all of the information you find in the DISPLAY ID INFORMATION menu screen
    2) SMS Registration - this is a menu item where you supply your name and order number. Then an SMS message is automatically sent to GoTreo support. The support desk can then remotely install a license key into your device.

Normal turn around for key requests is less than a couple of hours 7 days a week. If we are backed up, it may take a day or "so" but our goal is to get you a repalcement key the same day you request it.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
    So, Jeff, what's going to be in LX 2.0? I really want to know! ;-) BTW, your responsiveness and fixes for LX have been great. I'm glad you guys got it and I'm sure it will continue to be the best launcher that can be had for the PalmOS platform bar none.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl
    So, Jeff, what's going to be in LX 2.0? I really want to know! ;-) BTW, your responsiveness and fixes for LX have been great. I'm glad you guys got it and I'm sure it will continue to be the best launcher that can be had for the PalmOS platform bar none.
    Given the competitive nature of this business, 2.0 features will not be discussed in an open forum. But you can count on some changes - that's for sure.

Kenny and I can not begin to extend our thanks to all of the loyal Launcher X customers that have stayed with the product for so long! Your wait is now being rewarded and you will see nice things happening from this point forward.

I would be honored to have suggestions for new features sent to LauncherXfeatures @ GoTreoSoftware.com that you would like to see in version 2.0. They will be reviewed by Kenny and I and hopefully find their way into the product.

Jeff
    For the record, I downloaded LX 1.2.19 this morning and immediately sent a request for a registration code to support at gotreosoftware.com. I included my HotSync ID and the HSSN that LX 1.2.19 reported (which was identical to my HotSync ID), as well as my registration codes from LauncherX 1.0 and 1.0.2. (I'm using a Tapwave Zodiac, so no phone number to report.)

I received a reply with my new registration code in barely half an hour!
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    I have to admit my frustration here, too.

I used Launcher X on my Vx and then my Treo 600. It didn't work on the 650, as we all know. That was in 2004.

Time moves on. So did I. I moved to Z Launcher. I'm happy, but I'd like to go back to Launcher X again.

Thing is, I have no idea what my reg code was or what password I used. It was literally TWO YEARS ago.

Very frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR
    I have to admit my frustration here, too.

I used Launcher X on my Vx and then my Treo 600. It didn't work on the 650, as we all know. That was in 2004.

Time moves on. So did I. I moved to Z Launcher. I'm happy, but I'd like to go back to Launcher X again.

Thing is, I have no idea what my reg code was or what password I used. It was literally TWO YEARS ago.

Very frustrating.
    Don't get frustrated. Send us your name and email address. The email address is support @ GoTreoSoftware.com. We have a database of almost every past Launcher X purchase. Chances are good that we will find records of your past purchase.

Jeff
    Is Launcher X still in beta or is 1.2.19 a released version?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaPrise
    For the record, I downloaded LX 1.2.19 this morning
    Where is 1.2.19? www.launcherx.com only has 1.2.18.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Where is 1.2.19? www.launcherx.com only has 1.2.18.
    All release of LX shuld be pointing to this location: GoTreoSoftware.com

Jeff
    Just a few words to make things "perfectly clear." Do not go to LauncherX.com, as mentioned above, write to support@gotreosoftware.com. Install the latest version of LauncherX from this site (I believe it is now 1.2.2somthing). From your *new phone* go to LauncherX, and do a Menu>Licence>Display ID Information. Send the Phone Number, HotSync ID, and HSSN all including the brackets exactly as shown to the support email address above. GoTreoSoftware will answer almost immediately with your new code. The HSSN *IS* necessary to generate your code, I sent in my ID and previous password and Kenny answered within minutes requesting the above information, so I had to resubmit. In other words, you don't need a password just the ID and the HSSN from the new machine. I misunderstood what was discussed above and tried to send info without even installing LauncherX on the new device. I was looking at my old device.

I have used LauncherX for years and found it simple and extremely useful (I have not tried ZLauncher). So far LauncherX seems to be running better than ever and looks really great on the 700p. No signs of the widely discussed and dreaded pause after about 15 of my main programs installed successfully.
    Last edited by copernicus; 06/19/2006 at 10:29 AM.