1.    #1  
    Anybody having this problem?

VZW 700p, box checked next to "Notify when data received", is not functioning. No tone when I get emails!

I was on the phone with VZW dat tech support for an hour checking everything to see that all applicable boxes and tones, etc. were set correctly. Data tech support told me this version of WS, version 7.0, is new and only on the 700p. Other new devices, the Q, etc. still have the older, 6.0 version, and they're not sure of this is a bug in the new version. They offered to replace it for me, but I certainly don't want to go through all the sync'ng and trouble again if I get the same problem.

Just curious if others here are having the same problem of not getting "toned" when they receive email on Wireless Sync.

Or maybe I'll just keep my 650 until all the bugs are figured out.

Thanks
    same here (sprint tho'), and dload msgs over "x" field doesn't work either. I put the max (5000 or so) and it cuts off some of my email at 3k or so most of the time by default using versamail or whatever the default app is. Anyone else?
    Hmm. I'm pretty sure this worked OK for me on my 700p, but I always turn it off immediately so I could be wrong. I returned mine until they patch the bluetooth connection drop thing, so I can't just go check for you ... maybe you can get someone to check in the store? It doesn't take that long to setup wireless sync on a new phone ...

Quote Originally Posted by KenU
    Anybody having this problem?

VZW 700p, box checked next to "Notify when data received", is not functioning. No tone when I get emails!

I was on the phone with VZW dat tech support for an hour checking everything to see that all applicable boxes and tones, etc. were set correctly. Data tech support told me this version of WS, version 7.0, is new and only on the 700p. Other new devices, the Q, etc. still have the older, 6.0 version, and they're not sure of this is a bug in the new version. They offered to replace it for me, but I certainly don't want to go through all the sync'ng and trouble again if I get the same problem.

Just curious if others here are having the same problem of not getting "toned" when they receive email on Wireless Sync.

Or maybe I'll just keep my 650 until all the bugs are figured out.

Thanks
    Bump for a solution. Has anyone figured this out yet? After upgrading Wireless Sync to 7.0.2.15 I no longer get notifications when emails come in, despite the fact that Notify is checked (as are tone/volume 7, vibrate and show alert).