Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So my girlfriend (yes, shes blonde) just got a Treo 650 off ebay and signed a 2 yr contract about a month ago. Friday night she lost it at the bar... or it got stolen - whatever. We were hoping someone would return it, but instead they started sending nasty messages to her friends - so she reported it stolen and deactivated it.

From everywhere I looked, she'll have to pay "full price" for the phone and can't get any sort of discount. So my question is... where can you get the cheapest Palm Treo 650 GSM (Cingular) without signing another contract??j

Thanks in advance
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    Why not ebay again?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

How did she wind up paying for a 2 year contract when buying from eBay!?
    They probably conned her into it. I'd say ebay. She would either hae to get one unlocked or GSM that was previouosly used on the Cingular network
    I've got a brand new Sprint 650 I will sell you.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Be better to get a new GF.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby
    Be better to get a new GF.
    LOL!!!
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Ooops. My bad... I thought you needed a Sprint phone not a Cingular. Sorry.
  9.    #9  
    Thats ok, I myself have a few Sprint 650s! I guess supposedly they said you have to sign a contract just to activate the phone?? Is that BS?

I'd get a new GF but this one is amazing... my last 2 GFs had treos and well they're retarded!

I'll start searching ebay I suppose. Thanks for the responses
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Damn, where do you find all these Treo-enabled chicks?
    I'd settle for a girlfriend-enabled Treo.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    I have a 650 for sale...look in Marketplace in this Forum.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  13.    #13  
    Haha.. the last 3 GFs also happened to be Mac lovers

Surpsingly, someone called one of her friends and said that they found her phone.. so we're gonna call today and well i would be amazed if she got it back!

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    May I suggest to your GF, using the power on protection on the next or returned Treo and also look into mSafe from www.motionapps.com ?? (Or a similiar application.)

They work best if installed before the fact.

Cheers, Perry.
    blonde huh, send her my way for a treo, kidding, eBay.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I might be talking out of my backside here, but I seem to recall seeing a number of people suggesting that some (all?) cell providers in the US provide some kind of satisfaction trial period. Why can't your GF get out of her contract by saying she isn't satisfied with the service?

It's not a complete lie; you can't be satisfied with service if you don't have a phone to use it on.

Maybe she needs to get some Treo insurance with her next phone/plan...

I agree, three Treo-enabled gfs is pretty cool.
    I'd think they'd require you to either return the Treo or pay the rest of the full retail price if you were to claim dissatisfaction and get out of your contract.

My gf's a blonde too, was considering getting her a Treo, maybe I should reconsider. Although she doesn't drink so I guess that's reassuring.

Tell your GF it's illegal to drink and Treo at the same time.
    I'm pretty sure that most carriers require a contract for activation, but as she got the phone from another source, not the carrier, she should be eligible for promotional pricing on phone equipment, correct?
    I used craigslist.org when I bought my treo. Just look it over, and test it out before you buy.
    I suggest you to buy a treo 650 software named FireWall,the programmer named xurunhua who is a chinese.
    One of the function of this software is if you lose your treo650,you can use other cellphone send a message to your 650 to lock it,then anyone who picked it can't using your 650.
    By the way,what is the price the treo650 in US? It's cost about $500 in china,very expensive.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast