1.    #1  
    I'm at a Sprint store playin with a 700P and can't get Power Vision to work even tho it is set to Power Vision in Network Pref. It feels like regular vision speedwise and the data arrows are horizontal instead of vertical. What else do I need to set?
    What color are the arrows?
  3.    #3  
    green and horiz.. 600k dslreport speed test nly 167K!
    Weak signal?? I thot if you were in an area that had faster broadband speeds it would automatically switch over.
    how can you tell which network you are on?
    is there a way to switch it in settings?
    Green bars are Sprint Vision (not Power Vision). Purple/blueish bars are Power Vision .... can only connect if it's available in your area. Should switch to it automatically.
    I dont think you were playing with a 700p. What color was the casing? Sounds like a 650 to me.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Sounds like you are not in a power vision area. If you are you should have the blue up/down arrows instead of the green ones.
    The Sprint 700p will have a green "1X" flag flashing for regular Vision or a green "EV" flag for Power Vision flashing on top of vertical blue arrows on the top of the phone screen.

I have also noticed green horizontal arrows for regular Vision and Blue horizontal arrows for EV-DO when in Blazer.

Chuck
  10.    #10  
    It was defintely a 700P, had square keys. I think power vision was not available in the area is the best explanation. I ran a 600k speed test on both my 650 & the 700P (on 1xrtt) and it was 167k vs 67k on my 650, a significant difference.

Is there a siter where you can check powew vision availability by zip code?
    That would be sprint.com
  12.    #12  
    oh btw the 700P had full bars while my 650 had 3. I did a ##33284# on both and my 650 had a better rssi of -58 vs -60 on the 700P. # of bars don't mean sh*t.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    The Sprint 700p will have a green "1X" flag flashing for regular Vision or a green "EV" flag for Power Vision flashing on top of vertical blue arrows on the top of the phone screen.

Chuck
    What do you mean by "flag"? Do you mean you see the actual characters "1X" or "EV" on your 700p? I don't. All I see is a grid of six tiny triangles and two tiny triangles over the signal bars next to the "telephone pole."

On the 700w I saw "1xRTT" or "EV" on its today screen. Please clarify or provide a screenshot of a 700p where you see those actual letters, or explain what you mean by "flag"?

Thanks,

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..