1.    #1  
    Help....
    I recieved a $500 credit or so when I bought my phone. I still cant figure out why and it hasnt gone away. When I changed my plan I upgraded to power vision unlimited and was offered a $5 discount. I also was told that I could keep my unlimited text messaging but now my plan on the website still shows the huge credit? and power vision unlimited for $25 and 500 sms messages for $8. What is going on? Im scared that if I call about the mistakes in my plan they will take my credit away. What do you think?
    the scary part is, what if you dont do anything - and one day you have to pay the difference back?

what are you gonna do?
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21
    Help....
    I recieved a $500 credit or so when I bought my phone. I still cant figure out why and it hasnt gone away. When I changed my plan I upgraded to power vision unlimited and was offered a $5 discount. I also was told that I could keep my unlimited text messaging but now my plan on the website still shows the huge credit? and power vision unlimited for $25 and 500 sms messages for $8. What is going on? Im scared that if I call about the mistakes in my plan they will take my credit away. What do you think?
    Sounds like you ordered your phone through Sprint for $499 and paid them via credit card. If this is what you did, Sprint credited your account for the price you paid for the phone, and when you bill out again they will charge your account for the price of the phone, thus removing the credit balance.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    From what I was told some of the discounts will not show up on your online viewing of your plan. They will only show up on your bill. I have not received my "new" bill so I don't know if this is true but that is what I was told. I am also getting some discounts but none of them are showing up online. That is what I was told by retentions when I called to ask about it.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  5.    #5  
    yeah im on the phone with business retentions right now. all my credits were there. I told them I use more than 500 text messages and she said that she will see what she can do. She came back and gave changed it to unlimited for $8 per month but then I get a $8 credit on it for two years. Thats how it should have been And yes, I paid $399 for the phone on my credit card. I really dont care about the huge credit, it has to be a mistake or some wierd billing thing that sprint does like you guys all say.
    The CSR I called last night thought the credit was a mistake and removed my $400 credit I paid for the phone without telling me. I checked online after the call and the credit balance was gone. He didn't believe me that credit is there after you buy the phone through telesales and that it's removed after the 1st bill. I'll be pissed if I'm charged twice for my phone. Any ways to complain about a particular CSR. I didnt get a chance to get his ID #.
    I had $590 in credits, then I checked and somehow I owed them $75. They taxed my Treo when I bought it through retentions. I had to to call retentions and they credited the tax back to me. You have to watch them like a HAWK!
    "Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay."
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I have a credit for 675.00 still sitting there... I'm just gonne leave it alone and see what happens. Also, I got a letter from them stating that my delivery was on back order and will be shipped within the next 2 weeks... Thing is, I already got my phone like 2 weeks ago... ??????? I'm just going to wait and see what comes in the mail... should be interesting..
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Wait until your billing cycle completes. i had a huge credit too and it was offset by the phone charge later.
    does sprint send a bill after the 1st off-cycle bill (ie the few days after service is start where your charges are prorated). Or do they wait for the full cycle to complete before send a bill?

Reason i ask is I need to deal with retentions before my trail period is over.
    Folks,

I ordered two phones through Sprint (porting from Cingular which I hate -- dropped calls, crappy network, etc). I have had Sprint and Verizon in the past and liked both.

The telesales woman from Argentina was new and gave me the 700P and a free LG phone for my wife for $220. Then I get the first bill and instead of it being $150 for plan charges, it is $380 and includes equipment charges.

I call and tell them I paid for the equipment up front, two reps tell me that this is a $649 phone and with discounts I should have gotten it for $399, hence the extra charges on my bill.

So I tell them I want to cancel, get sent to the retention department, and he gives me the credits and fixes some other stuf on the account.

Bottom line:

700P and LG Camera phone for $220. No activation fees, and plan fees of $109 + taxes. Powervision is $25 and 500 SMS for both phones is $12 and will show up after to billing cycles.

I am happy. You can get these discounts to, just need to talk to the right people. A 700P for $220 is a good deal :-)

Glenn