Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Rob_T's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
       #1  
    I got my Treo 700p on June 2 and it wasn't long thereafter that I thought it time to get some sort of case or belt clip. After some thought, I decided to go to Wal-Mart and get one of the Belkin (now Samsonite) "universal" cell phone (large size) cases for the meager sum of $8.88. I had used one of these with the cell phone the 700p replaced and I had good luck with it. They have a 5 year warranty, and seem to work and last pretty good.

    They are basically a black vinyl case with elastic on the sides and a belt clip. Taking my Treo into the Wal-Mart with me, I slip it into the large size case (they come in small, medium, and large) and I find it fits pretty good, although a bit snug. I leave the store with the new case in hand.

    Here's the strange part. I begin using the case and about a week goes by and people start telling me they called me but I didn't answer (the Treo). I look at the phone and there is no evidence of a missed call. Well, after some testing, I find out that the phone works fine outside of the case (rings) but not when its in the case. I have the keyguard on (at factory default). My first thought was the case was somehow holding down a button preventing the phone from working.

    It gets stranger yet. At this point I'm thinking OK, I'm done with this case. But after about an hour I started "missing" the case and went back to work to see what I could do. On a whim, I tried slipping the phone in the case backwards (Treo screen facing toward me instead of away from me). I call the phone, it rings fine.

    So, Treo in case facing out...phone doesn't work (doesn't ring). Treo in the case facing in, works (rings) fine.

    And it wasn't just that it didn't ring...it showed no evidence of a call reaching the phone at all (just as if no one called).

    A strange one...I still don't have it figured out, but I can live with the workaround easily enough.
  2. #2  
    Maybe it was pressing the "call end" (red) button and caused the phone to go off or end the call instantly?
  3. #3  
    I think a little bit of exorcism might fix it.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I think a little bit of exorcism might fix it.
    [PETER GRIFFIN]The power of Christ compels you....the power of Christ compels you...[/PETER GRIFFIN]
  5. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    #5  
    it must be an omen
    I gotta have more cowbell
  6. #6  
    Your Treo might be a Case Snob, $650 phone, $9 case,the Treo might be playing tricks on you, so you can upgrade its house,Pimp his Crib man
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    Your Treo might be a Case Snob, $650 phone, $9 case,the Treo might be playing tricks on you, so you can upgrade its house,Pimp his Crib man
    $8.88!?!? That's disgraceful!! You should be ashamed!!



    What was the SKU for that case?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  8. Rob_T's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
       #8  
    I guess it's true...you get what you pay for...
  9. #9  
    I think this case thing is related to the toilets flushing backwards in the land down under.

    Chuck
  10. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T
    I got my Treo 700p on June 2 and it wasn't long thereafter that I thought it time to get some sort of case or belt clip. After some thought, I decided to go to Wal-Mart and get one of the Belkin (now Samsonite) "universal" cell phone (large size) cases for the meager sum of $8.88. I had used one of these with the cell phone the 700p replaced and I had good luck with it. They have a 5 year warranty, and seem to work and last pretty good.

    They are basically a black vinyl case with elastic on the sides and a belt clip. Taking my Treo into the Wal-Mart with me, I slip it into the large size case (they come in small, medium, and large) and I find it fits pretty good, although a bit snug. I leave the store with the new case in hand.

    Here's the strange part. I begin using the case and about a week goes by and people start telling me they called me but I didn't answer (the Treo). I look at the phone and there is no evidence of a missed call. Well, after some testing, I find out that the phone works fine outside of the case (rings) but not when its in the case. I have the keyguard on (at factory default). My first thought was the case was somehow holding down a button preventing the phone from working.

    It gets stranger yet. At this point I'm thinking OK, I'm done with this case. But after about an hour I started "missing" the case and went back to work to see what I could do. On a whim, I tried slipping the phone in the case backwards (Treo screen facing toward me instead of away from me). I call the phone, it rings fine.

    So, Treo in case facing out...phone doesn't work (doesn't ring). Treo in the case facing in, works (rings) fine.

    And it wasn't just that it didn't ring...it showed no evidence of a call reaching the phone at all (just as if no one called).

    A strange one...I still don't have it figured out, but I can live with the workaround easily enough.
    You are now entering the Twilight Zone....
  11. #11  
    I bought a 30 dollar case/holster at the Sprint store. and guess what......

    My freakin trouble free Sprint/T700p is workin great......

    Pay back is a biotch for going to Wal Mart for a CHEAP case for your T700p....

    Chuck
  12. djraw's Avatar
    Posts
    370 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    it must be an omen
    Lemme guess, he was the 6th person in the store at the 6th cash register, buying the 6th case on the rack.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  13. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw
    Lemme guess, he was the 6th person in the store at the 6th cash register, buying the 6th case on the rack.
    On the 6th day of the 6th month of 2006.

Posting Permissions