Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I've searched for this issue here but can't find anyone else annoyed by this Major Flaw in Contacts -> Note...

Since upgrading from a Sprint Treo 600 to my new 650 a few months ago, I started loosing notes that I was certain I had previously entered under various contacts. So yesterday, while entering lengthy notes for a contact, I received a phone call. After the call hung up, I pulled up my contact again to finish the note entry... but the notes I had just entered were gone! What a major flaw.

After a few tests, I determined the only way to save your current changes in a Note is to *Ignore* the call, then press Done as is now required with the 650's Contacts application (mine is v 1.2.2) --I don't remember ever having to press Done to save changes to a Note on my 600 (it's screen died so I can't check). Then you have to check the call log and return the call!!!

Anyone know of a way to presere changes to a Note, while accepting a damn phone call? Sheesh...
    Don't think so, like most anything else you would have to save what you are doing in order for it to be stored. If it would dynamically save it, it would not give you the option to cancel or it would may over write something that is already stored. Not good.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Yes, but I seem to remember (maybe on the 600??) that sometimes after a call, the focus went right back to the application I was working on.

One would assume that the Treo 650 would have a way to save an app's current state, switch to a call, then restore previous app's state... in may case, I'd be right back where I left off entering my notes.
    Well that's a caching issue. I'm new to the treo but I am sure there is a way to enable that kind of caching via a program. Blazer does it.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Anyone know the proper channels for Palm or Sprint development for bug/enhancement requests?