Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    The major speed/lag problems are here too. Every 700p has the problem.
    In a way, this could be good. It's probably easier for Palm to come up with a solution to a universal problem than one which only seems to occur on particular units with differing configurations.

OTOH, such universal problems should have been detected (and fixed!) during beta testing. I am coming to the conclusion, however, that Palm does not subject these devices to any substantial beta testing. They seem to go right from alpha to production.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Could it be the call log becoming too large? Does someone want to clear the call log and try?

As for updates, if this was a problem on the 650 and its not fixed, then why would they have an update that fixes it on the 700?

I think this thread has answered the question of whether I would upgrade to the 700p.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    what's this TakePhone app? and is it free?
    I'm using it now and it seems to have really helped the phone app lad issue. I downloaded the trial version today and it works great. someone else should give it a shot and see if it clears up their lag issues as well.
    I don't think there is such as thing as a "free" Palm app... I wonder sometimes how much folks here have spent on software to replace the built-in software that has been deemed to be so inadequate. Hundreds of dollars no doubt... every little utility, every little thing costs $20... I don't have money to spend like that.
    I get this lag, too. The phone is kind of laggy. Sigh.
  7.    #47  
    TakePhone app...an interesting development here. How have i never heard of this? I downloaded it and am giving it a try. I'll report back soon. I do agree that it is criminal that we should have to buy this, but if it works, it will be well worth the money. I just can't stand the headaches of dealing with VZW and Palm reps any more. For $20 I'd be completely psyched to get rid of this problem.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123