1.    #1  
    I have installed Adobe Reader, but can't get it to recognize .pdf files. Any advice? All .pdf files go to my Media folder and are viewed as pictures.
    Mine won't work off the SD card - do you have it in internal memory?
    Are you copying the PDF files using the Palm quick install app?

I tried that and failed miserably (couldn't even see the PDF files as pictures). You have to use the Adobe Reader PC component to "convert" the files for use on the Treo.

In hidnsight, it makes sense, but it isn't intuitive, and dealing with another conduit manager-type application before you can sync is a PITA.

I have no problems running Adober Reader from my SD card, so that's a head scratcher.
    Files that are converted for Palm devices become .pdb files. My .pdb files go into Palm/launcher/ on the SD card. AR for Palm doesn't find them if they are anywhere else. There is an alternative app called PalmPDF that will open native .pdf files. You should be able to search for that name to find more about it.
    Last edited by jrfaris; 06/14/2006 at 10:05 AM.
    As stated many times on these forums. The Adobe Reader app for Palm will NOT open native .pdf files. They must first be converted with an Adobe desktop application. I now use Documents to go 8.0 Pro to open native PDF files on the treo.
    I am using this - Native PDF Viewer for Palm OS5

with it you do not need to convert your documents and it has good mode for presentations
    Quote Originally Posted by eimmo1
    I am using this - Native PDF Viewer for Palm OS5

with it you do not need to convert your documents and it has good mode for presentations
    You paid $50?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    You paid $50?
    What he said ^^^

I find it interesting that both products use a very similar screenshot to demonstrate their product interface.
    Another vote for PalmPDF. I use it, works great