1.    #1  
    I am interested in the time display in the treo 700p's Keyguard display as attached, so I just put the treo 700p's KeyguardPnl.bprc and KeyguardPnl_enUS.oprc files into 650's rom, and use the RoomTool flash the treo 650's rom, but still no time displayed.

Any good idea about it?

http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/attachme...6&noupdate=yes
    Last edited by joezhou; 06/15/2006 at 05:52 AM.
    That link took me to a page in Japanese...
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Butler.
    Does KeyGuardTime+ work?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Does KeyGuardTime+ work?
    Works great! I have it programmed to the red Power button which you can press and hold to pop up the time while running any app, but it dosent interfere with normal operation.
    VisorDeluxe -> VisorPhone -> Treo180g -> Treo270 -> Treo600 -> Treo650 [GSM T-Mo]
    Quote Originally Posted by candela
    That link took me to a page in Japanese...
    No that's a Chinese web site not Japanese.

KS
  7.    #7  
    Ok, the link modified, hope it works.

Yes, I have ever tried the KeyguardTime+, but it seems too colorful. What I need is just a unadorned display to notice me the time and date. If the treo 700p's files can be used in 650, why we have to install another software? :-)
    KoolSounds by Toysoft shows the time in the keyguard popup if I recall correctly, even though it really doesn't have anything to do with the rest of what KoolSounds does
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/attachme...6&noupdate=yes
    I had try it,but it's doesn't work.
  10. tmt
    Quote Originally Posted by joezhou
    Yes, I have ever tried the KeyguardTime+, but it seems too colorful.
    You can configure practically everything in KGT+'s display. Have you tried turning off the analog clock, and setting the text color to black? That will give you a simple digital time (and optional date).

As for the original question about KeyguardPnl.prc from the 700p, it won't work because that "app" is simply the configuration panel, the screen that appears in the prefs application. Keyguard itself is built into the OS and isn't patchable.
  11.    #11  
    Thank you for your reply! I tried the KeyguardTime+, and configed the disply. It's much better.

I prefer simple and fast things, just like palm.
    You can always just hit the green button. You can see the time then while the keyguard is active.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmt
    You can configure practically everything in KGT+'s display. Have you tried turning off the analog clock, and setting the text color to black? That will give you a simple digital time (and optional date).

As for the original question about KeyguardPnl.prc from the 700p, it won't work because that "app" is simply the configuration panel, the screen that appears in the prefs application. Keyguard itself is built into the OS and isn't patchable.
    This is a great app IMHO. I've been using Treo's since the 300 and this is one of nicest freeware apps I've ever seen. I hope you'll update it for the 700p so the startup nag goes away. Great work!
    Last edited by stuartr; 06/28/2006 at 04:55 PM.