Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    besides blazer, which browers work well with the 700p?

it seems to me that blazer handles most websites well but not perfectly.

I understand opera mini might be one, but are there anymore?

also I'm looking for one that handles video well.

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by evperry
    besides blazer, which browers work well with the 700p?

it seems to me that blazer handles most websites well but not perfectly.

I understand opera mini might be one, but are there anymore?

also I'm looking for one that handles video well.

thanks.
    Hehe...I think you mean browsers?
    Opera mini is supposed to be okay if you have J2ME. I guess it's more limited, and displays a smaller screen, but is faster. Not positive it's 700p compatible though, and too much of a "hack-like" setup for me to try it.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I stand corrected.

browers.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I don't think anything handle video outside of blazer. Oprea is probably the next best. Yes you have to have java installed, but, since there is so much memory on the 700 it shouldn't be an issue for you. As well, once you install java you should install kmaps. Kmaps alone is worth the java install.

Edit - when i need a web site that blazer won't display, i use mobleTS to hook up to my home PC and suft the web from Internet Explorer.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I use Xiino.

It's faster than Blazer and it has great caching. It will always hold the current page (and several others depending on your settings) in memory so you can return to it immediately from any other app. It can be set to be the default browser and allows full access to the Palm's interface (5-Way, cut copy & paste, Key Caps Hacks, etc) unlike the java based alternatives such as Opera. And it's very stable.

That said, it's not perfect. Blazer's user interface is more elegant. I like the way Xiino reneders, but Blazer makes pages look more like IE/Firefox does. And there are pages I can visit in Blazer that I can't in Xiino, but not many.

Give it a try. Free trial.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    i just tried opera and now im gonna check out xiino.

opera seems to display it in its own way but gets the entire page where blazer sort of displays quickly but not the entire page.

maybe xiino does both.
    Does anyone know if Blazer can download a bunch of pages at one time like Xiino can? I think it's called "cruising" in Xiino, and it lets you get a bunch of pages while you have a connection, then read them all later (like on an airlplane.)

What other browsers do this?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I can't seem to get images to download with xiino. I also can't find a setting dor a wide view of pages
    _DeusI_Deus@hotmail.com
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    As far as I can see, there is NO wide view available for xinno. My only problem with this program, as occasionally a wide view is really needed to see a page.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I couldn't get Xiino to work with mobile gmail...for now, I think I'll stick with Blazer.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Webpro 3.5 works great
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    opera is my favorite at this point, xxino doesnt seem to move any faster or display any ebtter than blazer.

i gotta check out this web pro.
    Do opera and Webpro allow "all-at-once" downloading of a bunch of pages for further reading offline?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Webpro 3.5 works great
    Have you noticed that webpro 3.5 screws up picturemail?