1.    #1  
    well, I have been tinkering around with this phone for nearly 2 weeks now.

Just so you know-

I did an ESN swap- had grandfathered vision

I installed the hack, used the phone through BT, USB (with PCS data connection,) and did pdanet.... not a single charge to my account for this usage, nada, zip.

Was "the hack" successful? Can other confirm what my latest bill seems to imply?
    Here's my post about my expirience with ESN swap
    Link
  3.    #3  
    treodub- re-read my post- I did an ESN swap only and kept my grandfathered vision. No new plan was added.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Did the same as you. I'm awaiting my bill too, I'm crossing my fingers.
    Last edited by migs; 06/14/2006 at 10:40 AM.
    I would like to see if anyone with some variation of a Power Vision plan has been hit with tethering charges.

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    Did the same as you. I'm awaiting my bill too, I'm crossing my fingers.
    I also did the same and I have been using the hacked tethered mode. Read my lips "NO NEW CHARGES"
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    how much is your usage??? did you do a lot of tethering or just occasionally? I probably used about 200 MB past 2 week (just viewing web site no major download) I used the hack and still waiting for my bill to come on 23rd of this month. we shall see if I got hit. LOL
  8.    #8  
    about 300MB
    wowowowowo so I guess I should be fine