1.    #1  
    Is there any way to allow for downloads when using Opera Mini with the Treo 650? Currently when I try to download anything it says "Downloads not supported." Any help would be appreciated.
    Make sure you update your version of Opera mini (go to mini.opera.com with Blazer), as the new build of version two supports limited downloads. It will swap you over to Blazer to handle the download at the right time.
    Would you recommend Opera Mini or any other browser over the default Blazer on the 650?
    Xiino's probably the best overall...doesn't render as nicely as Blazer but is faster and actually uses its cache to let you go back pages right away instead of waiting for most of the page to reload. Opera's nice too but crashes from time to time.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, I downloaded the new version of Opera Mini and it works great. Only one problem that I have is that is splits the pages up WAY too much. Is there a way to lower the amount that it splits pages or just turn that feature off for good? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Xiino's probably the best overall...doesn't render as nicely as Blazer but is faster and actually uses its cache to let you go back pages
    But Xiino provides basically no download support unless it's a pdb or a prc.

My rec (especially so for the 650), after being a heavy Xiino user since the Treo 300 days, is now Opera, which is free. As for the 700p, Blazer on the 700p is ok, at times faster than Xiino. But I still end up using Opera the majority of the time.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I was having trouble using Java and Opera on the Verizon 700p - is anyone using it on a VZW 700p?
    Last edited by tcc; 06/14/2006 at 09:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    Thanks, I downloaded the new version of Opera Mini and it works great. Only one problem that I have is that is splits the pages up WAY too much. Is there a way to lower the amount that it splits pages or just turn that feature off for good? Thanks.
    It's not a setting, it has to do with the amount of memory it has available to it. You can configure this by following the directions in this post (NOTE: in the picture you'll see the memory settings of 8MB/16kb stack, that's for a 700p. If you're using a 650, configure it for 4MB/8kb stack):

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ge=2&p=1010240
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc
    I was having trouble using Java and Opera on the Verizon 700p - is anyone using it on a VZW 700p?
    I installed Java JVM and Opera Mini (and KMaps) on my Verizon 700p and they all work fine.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607