Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    So many Sprint lovers on this board I wanted to give Verizon some credit. The Verizon Wireless Sync works really well. I have replaced 5, 650's due to the 2.5mm jack problem on 3 and unhappy with 2 of the refurbished ones they sent me. Anyway... never once did I loose the IMPORTANT stuff. My contacts/memos/tasks/corporate email. The application seems complicated but it really isnt. We use Exchange at work and it pushes all my email instantly and syncs every morning with any changes I make to contacts/tasks/memos.

Maybe Sprint has a application like this. I do not know. But this makes things very simple for me. I can replace the apps/mp3s/movies but this information is priceless. No I do not do backups on a regular basis, this would help also but is not fool proof either. I have lost data on my SD card also and then it will sync with the PC/MAC and then lose that sometimes. The auto/backup feature with Palm has its issues as well.

Anyway Wireless Sync works well with corporate data. If anyone has questions about it I have put a lot of time into it to learn so feel free to ask.

Chris
    No questions but I have to agree that I *love* wireless sync. I didn't really find it that enticing until I used it - but over the air sync of contacts, calendar, tasks, and email is just great.
    Can anyone tell me if Wireless Sync on the 700w places mail under the Outlook category in the built in Messaging application? Or does it create it's own account?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delrey
    No questions but I have to agree that I *love* wireless sync. I didn't really find it that enticing until I used it - but over the air sync of contacts, calendar, tasks, and email is just great.

Thanks! I was hoping I wasnt the only one. I also want to add that this made the upgrade from the 650 to 700p painless...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannatreo
    Can anyone tell me if Wireless Sync on the 700w places mail under the Outlook category in the built in Messaging application? Or does it create it's own account?

Sorry cant help you with the 700w... but I imagine it works the same way. It basically syncs the data to a VZW server and pushes it to your 700w/p. Now before the Sprint people attack this... I am OK with my info on the VZW server. Its just my work crap... read it all you want. I feel its secure enough for this data.
    All wireless sync is a modified version of Pylon Anywhere for Palm OS.

Sprint users if you want this feature, with all push mail features, and ISP that I love called Enomia, offers the Sync software plus hosted exchange to any Treo user regardless of provider.

You can click for more info.

I'm not affiliated with them at all, but love them for the awesome service they have provided over the last two years for me. (if you do call - let them know Dan sent ya)
    Actually WirelessSync is made by IntelliSync. VZW's 3rd level technical support for WirelessSync is actually provided by IntelliSync. I've spoken to them at length for a technical issue, which they resolved promptly.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I'm a Sprint user and my company uses Verizon's app for pushing mail, etc for Treos (Sprint & Verizon). I have a question that I am hoping someone can help on. At times I have noticed that mail is not pushing (sometimes for hours) unless I manually sync. There have been a few times that I discovered the problem was with my company's server, but for the majority of time everything has been fine on that side.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Also, could this be because my provider is Sprint and this is a Verizon released app?

BTW, when it is working correctly it's great! I receive mail faster to my phone than I do to my computer!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wannatreo
    I believe it puts mail under the outlook category in the built in messaging application, but I'm not a 700w user - I just help out a friend who's not treo or smartphone savvy at all with his. Let me know more specifically how to check & I'll tell you for sure ...
    Quote Originally Posted by domer
    I'm a Sprint user and my company uses Verizon's app for pushing mail, etc for Treos (Sprint & Verizon). I have a question that I am hoping someone can help on. At times I have noticed that mail is not pushing (sometimes for hours) unless I manually sync. There have been a few times that I discovered the problem was with my company's server, but for the majority of time everything has been fine on that side.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Also, could this be because my provider is Sprint and this is a Verizon released app?

BTW, when it is working correctly it's great! I receive mail faster to my phone than I do to my computer!!
    When it's not syncing, can you check the log & see what happened, on your computer?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    The only access to a log I have is the one on the phone, I don't have access to the company servers.

I had the same problem again today. The app says (by clicking on the "wireless sync" icon and then going into the network push screen by clicking on the antenna-looking icon at the top right of the screen) that it is "Successfully Working", but meanwhile there was e-mail that remained un-pushed for hours. I did a manual sync and the new mail was pushed.

Very frustrating...
    Quote Originally Posted by domer
    The only access to a log I have is the one on the phone, I don't have access to the company servers.

I had the same problem again today. The app says (by clicking on the "wireless sync" icon and then going into the network push screen by clicking on the antenna-looking icon at the top right of the screen) that it is "Successfully Working", but meanwhile there was e-mail that remained un-pushed for hours. I did a manual sync and the new mail was pushed.

Very frustrating...
    That *is* frustrating. You may have to talk to your IT folks, as it's hard to not be able to see what's happening on the server. Is the unpushed email in your inbox or outbox?

Since you can get the email pushed by doing a manual sync, it doesn't really sounds like the problem has to be on the server side though. Maybe we can figure it out. What are your sync settings?:

Is push enabled? Limited to weekdays or Everyday? Limited time sync window or all the time? What is the minimum battery level and could that be your issue (default is 25% I think)

I doubt that this is happening because you are not a verizon customer, as the software is not verizon specific. Intellisync sold it to Verizon, and to your company ... but of course your experiences will be quite different ...
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Thanks delrey!

I've talked to IT and they've always (with the exception of 2 times) said everything was working fine on their end.

I have been in good signal strength and battery is level is set to 10% minimum to push. Push is enabled and time is set for pretty much 24 hours a day, all days of the week.

Today it's been working great...go figure
    If you've recently had this setup, you've probably landed on one of the "new" servers. As the number of people who use the service grow, they add new servers, as indicated by wwwX.wirelesssync.vzw.com address. I've noticed that the newer servers frequently seem to have growing pains wherein the exact problem you describe occurs. I'm on www6 and 15 months ago they were just bringing that server up and I had the same problem. After about 2-3 months of them tuning it, the problems ceased. Now, just about everytime push stops working it's something on my side.
    I'm a Sprint user. I used Intellisync about a year and half ago. We switched to Enterprise Business Connect. Can anyone compare/contrast Sprint's Business Connect to Intellisync/Nokia's software?
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrogers
    I'm a Sprint user. I used Intellisync about a year and half ago. We switched to Enterprise Business Connect. Can anyone compare/contrast Sprint's Business Connect to Intellisync/Nokia's software?
    Sprint's Business Connect:
    You can *access* outlook email, calendar, contacts over the air
    You can acesss docs stored on your PC over the air
    You can use the corporate contacts directory over the air
    SMS based psuedo push email (I think ..)

Verizon's Wireless Sync:
    You can *sync* your contacts, calendar, email, notes, and todo over the air
    Push email
    Of course after syncing you have offline access all the time
    I have one question that I can't seem to find a straight answer to; does the VZW Wireless Sync count against data minutes or are you covered if you pay the $5 monthly Wireless Sync option. In other words, if I add the $5 monthly wireless sync option to my account does that cover my OTA syncs or will I be using data minutes too? VZW seems challenged to give me a straight answer.
    My company has hosted Exchange solution, so it looks like our only option is to use Verizon Wireless Sync with the PC Monitor installed. The problem is that we have a lot of travelers who carry their laptops with them, so that option doesn't work.

Anyone know how to get around this problem? I take it Wireless Sync doesn't work with ActiveSync because it keeps complaining about not being able to find a "Mobile Gateway" when directly pointed at our hosted solution.
    How about the 'workgroup mode'? You can install WS on one PC (server or workstation, we personally put it on a server) and have it sync up to 20 accounts for your organization. Works great! For a hosted solution, you may need a VPN or similar though.