Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    It looks like we're up to $530 before this. Count me in for $10.

New total: $540.
    Not a bad chunk of change...
    Blackberry Connect was great when I had the Blackberry 8700g, but why spend this money on bringing blackberry connect to the Treo 700p if we already have goodlink? I finally gave in and signed up with www.themessagecenter.com for goodlink. 9.95 for hosted exchange with full OWA ActiveSync 300Megs, 9.95 for Goodlink. You can actually add and remove goodlink service through the website as well as create your email accounts. Very simple web interface and at the end of the day I wasn't bothered that I did not have Blackberry Connect on the Treo. I actually think I am in love with Goodlink now and I would recommend it to anyone still searching for the Blackberry Connect pipedream. My 2 cents.
    linkcod- simple answer- Goodlink has a minority share. Alot of us work for large companies with an existing BES server and they do not support Goodlink...
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield View Post
    linkcod- simple answer- Goodlink has a minority share. Alot of us work for large companies with an existing BES server and they do not support Goodlink...
    Exactly.
    One thing to keep in mind re: BBC is that it does not sync Contacts, Notes or Tasks wirelessly, has a 30K limit on downloads and requires desktop software for installation, so no OTA.

Not that I am biased...just pointing that out
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield View Post
    +1
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by linxcod View Post
    I finally gave in and signed up with www.themessagecenter.com for goodlink. 9.95 for hosted exchange with full OWA ActiveSync 300Megs, 9.95 for Goodlink. You can actually add and remove goodlink service through the website as well as create your email accounts. Very simple web interface...
    Well...I should probably be the first to announce this here: The Message Center has the FIRST and ONLY fully automated provisioning and deprovisioning system that allow your to add or cancel GoodLink anytime on the fly from the web based Control Panel (at least that is what the employee at Good told us). Instead of emailing support and waiting 24 hours for the PIN and instructions to be emailed to you...place a check box next to teh employees that you want to have GoodLink and click Enable GoodLink. Whala! An email is immediately sent with the PIN and set up instructions. Yes...we made it that easy. And no...we will not tell anyone how we did it.
    The Message Center
    www.themessagecenter.com
    You have no excuse to not be synchronized.
  9.    #69  
    I use Chatter and love it for personal mail

Have used GoodLink and think it is great

UNFORTUNATELY - I work for company that uses Lotus Noted and Blackberry Servers --- they've invested a lot in BB and Notes and will not be making any changes in my life time

I don't want BBC on the 700P -- I need it (or a new job)
    Last edited by Bhozier; 09/01/2006 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhozier View Post
    UNFORTUNATELY - I work for company that uses Lotus Noted and Blackberry Servers --- they've invested a lot in BB and Notes and will not be making any changes in my life time

I don't want BBC on the 700P -- I need it (or a new job)
    I am with you, sounds like we work for the same company

I am in for $10 as well. I use themessagecenter.com email and it does ROCK! If I could only get my Notes to forward to this account "live" and be able to use it as a gateway then I would be back in business.
    my company disabled the auto forward feature in notes... anyone know of a way to get past this??
    Quote Originally Posted by muncheroo View Post
    my company disabled the auto forward feature in notes... anyone know of a way to get past this??
    If the admins block the feature, there is no way around it. It is done at the template level. there is a reason to disable the feature: privacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandee2004 View Post
    I am with you, sounds like we work for the same company

I am in for $10 as well. I use themessagecenter.com email and it does ROCK! If I could only get my Notes to forward to this account "live" and be able to use it as a gateway then I would be back in business.
    NEW TOTAL $550

There has been some progress, and DCopperfield thinks he has narrowed it down to two files not working. See post #493 in this thread --> http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...112142&page=25

Can someone bring this over the goal line?
  14.    #74  
    they go bump in the night
    Bump.
    Can anyone confirm that this is actually a dump of the 700P ROM --> http://www.treo.net.cn/software/treo...0p_rom_rip.zip.

If it is, will this help with getting BBC to work on the 700P?
    Now that there's a new & distinct version of BBC for the 680 (which also uses Versamail 3.5), has anyone attempted an install of that version on a 700P?

http://www.palm.com/us/support/acces...680/index.html

You'll need a Cingy 680 S/N....I might even have one.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    WOW! If someone can send me the BBC ver. for the 680, I'd love to be the test rat for it. My corp BBC account has been sent up for months just waiting for a workable BBC version to come out. Please post it or PM me.

Cross your fingers!

Happy New Year!!! Cheers!
    Looks like a no go folks. BBC software looks for a 680 hotsync user as the first step. Any thoughts on getting around it are welcome.

I think if I can get a copy of the palm desktop for the 680 it might work. Unfortunately it isn't downloadable online from palm, only available currently from the CD that comes with the 680. Anyone able to host a copy of it to download?
    Last edited by wantAtreo700p; 12/30/2006 at 03:29 PM.
    $25 gets us to $575.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast