Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I suspect the chatter is related to the rumor stated in this thread (http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=118553) about RIMM and Palm annoucing a merger this week. That would be very cool, but regardless, I'm not expecting a BBC version released anytime soon for the 700.

Bounty at 480 and no signs or inklings that anyone is interested in helpin us out. Any other ideas?
  2.    #42  
    I agree that we may not see it soon

I poked around on SingTel site to see if there was any refernce to the 700P re a pending release of the phone ---- which I was hoping would mean a new release of BBC for SingTel 700P customers but I didn't see anything
    bump
    Are there any EVDO carriers in Asia that might pick up the 700p?
    another $5 Total= $485
    I'm in for $20. Gets us over the $500 hurdle to $505.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I know WHAT it does - I mean there are so many OTHER options for push email...what's so big about BBC?

Karl
    www.justsayok.net
    Quote Originally Posted by karlz
    I know WHAT it does - I mean there are so many OTHER options for push email...what's so big about BBC?

Karl
    www.justsayok.net

It just saves a couple of steps Karlz. For instance, you just open up BBConnect and voila theres all your email vs having to open up your current email and wait for it to pull in the emails.

It also allows you access to your online outlook calander so if you make an appointment while youre at a clients site, or away from your office on the road it syncs automatically. It eliminates the need for notes on paper napkins at a bar.

etc etc.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Karlz

As for why BBC vs. OTHERS?

My only guess is that Blackberry has proven to be just about flawless. The other programs are either missing this or that feature, arent supported as well or, buggy.

Hope this helps and I posted the above post without actually understanding that you know what it does but wanted to know why BBC specifically.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I think I'd happy just getting this Verizon Wireless Sync crap off my ROM. I'd give $10 for BBC on my 700p!
    Does anybody have the prc files that get installed on the Treo?

I'll take a look at them to see what files might be the culprit. Unfortunately I do not sync with a PC nor do I have a BlackBerry account to sync with, so I will need to get all of the prc files that get installed. I can't guarantee that I will get it to work, but I might be able to help the research effort.

Thanks,
    Donald
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker
    Does anybody have the prc files that get installed on the Treo?

I'll take a look at them to see what files might be the culprit. Unfortunately I do not sync with a PC nor do I have a BlackBerry account to sync with, so I will need to get all of the prc files that get installed. I can't guarantee that I will get it to work, but I might be able to help the research effort.

Thanks,
    Donald
    Here's the zip:
    http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.pal...Treo650_SG.zip
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Unfortunately, that won't work. I have a Mac.
    sorry but this is for PC only.. .U have several coworkers who had to install this from a PC then go back to their Mac for everyday use... what some will do. (but hey, it works flwlessly on a 650 with Sprint service
    Hmmm, maybe I'll try to fire up my PC and take a look.
  16.    #56  
    I still want to pay out my portion of the bounty

GOOD LUCK
  17.    #57  
    bump
    I think we will know a lot more once ShadowMite or someone else figures out the ROM tool. That should happen pretty quickly once Sprint releases the first firmware update...
    I'm in for $20... My current solution of forwarding my Lotus Notes email to an exchange hosting provider is no longer working well - too many delays. I'm going to have to move to a Mergic/Chattermail combo for now, but that leaves me without contact/calendar syncing which just plain stinks!
    Wonder how Shadowmite is coming along with a ROM tool...I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be possible once the first firmware update is released.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast