1.    #1  
    I have read a lot of recent posts about the Bluetooth support in the 700p and I have come to the conclusion that the Bluetooth Radio is pretty weak in the phone itself.

Having upgraded from the 600 I am new to bluetooth headsets and bought the Motorola H700. Seems to be a pretty unwise move. I cannot get connectivity from when the phone is in my pocket and the headset on my ear. I get connectivity within about 2 feet.

If anyone is having better luck using a bluetooth headset with the 700p, i.e. primarily better range, but better sound as well, please post here to let everyone know what models to look in to. I would have to say from my experience stay away from the H700.

Thanks in advance, also if there is something that I can do to increase range with this headset let me know.
    how about reading the other threads with this exact same question...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Thanks, but if you actually read my post I did read all of the other threads before I started a new one. The other threads seem to be a collection of Palm approved BT headsets, questions about why one or the other won't pair or problems with dropping the pair. As far as I have read there is no thread that is directly on point. If there is point me to it and I will delete this post.

Finally, I was hoping that this could be a quick repository for people to post POSITIVE feedback on BT headsets specifically being used on the 700p. I know this would be useful to me and I am sure others.
    Last edited by schaefsn; 06/13/2006 at 05:18 PM.
    I tried several Motorola headsets with my old 650 and had the exact same problem. Fortunately, any other brand seemed to work better.

As for the 700p, generally its bluetooth operates much better than that on the 650. However, while the bluetooth on the 700p is decent it is not as good as on most other high-end phones with this capability. I have tried many headsets myself on both the 650 and 700p.

The headset that works the most reliably for me on both the 650 and 700p is the Palm branded Treo headset. By reliable I mean that it generally works and is able to maintain a connection to the phone without spontaneously disconnecting. However, it does not have the best sound quality or range. The battery life is also not good when I pair it with the 700p.

Jabra headsets offer nice sound quality but the two I've tried with the 700p (BT130 and BT800) have a problem where they will spontaneously disconnect and it's hard to get them to work again without a re-pairing or a reset.

As I said, I had a ton of static with the Motorolas I tried (810, 820 and 850 I think). So much so they were unusable.

My all-time favorite headset is the the Cardo Scala 500. Kind of an off-brand but it worked very reliably, had good sound quality, had better volume than any other headset I've tried and good battery life. Unfortunately I stepped on mine destroying it and though I've ordered a new one (seidoonline.com has them) I haven't had a chance to try it on the 700p yet. Maybe someone else here has?

Quote Originally Posted by schaefsn
    I have read a lot of recent posts about the Bluetooth support in the 700p and I have come to the conclusion that the Bluetooth Radio is pretty weak in the phone itself.

Having upgraded from the 600 I am new to bluetooth headsets and bought the Motorola H700. Seems to be a pretty unwise move. I cannot get connectivity from when the phone is in my pocket and the headset on my ear. I get connectivity within about 2 feet.

If anyone is having better luck using a bluetooth headset with the 700p, i.e. primarily better range, but better sound as well, please post here to let everyone know what models to look in to. I would have to say from my experience stay away from the H700.

Thanks in advance, also if there is something that I can do to increase range with this headset let me know.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo

Hey tough guy! Chill! I admit there are a lot of threads for this but some get so god dam long... Just ignore the thread and move on. Go change kitty's kitty litter! =P
    Quote Originally Posted by schaefsn
    Thanks, but if you actually read my post I did read all of the other threads before I started a new one. The other threads seem to be a collection of Palm approved BT headsets, questions about why one or the other won't pair or problems with dropping the pair. As far as I have read there is no thread that is directly on point. If there is point me to it and I will delete this post.

Finally, I was hoping that this could be a quick repository for people to post POSITIVE feedback on BT headsets specifically being used on the 700p. I know this would be useful to me and I am sure others.
    As I recall, there is a thread on the Moto H3 or H300 I forget which. If you do a search (try the BT forum) you may be able to find it. The thread/post was from a guy who tried a number of headsets with the 700P.

I'm also new to BT headsets coming from the 600. I have the Scala 500 mentioned above.

Frankly, as far as I can tell it works as well as some of the others here but it cost me 10 bucks. It pairs with the 700P easily and the calls sound clear. I have seen some of the other issues reported by others with other brands so I have not seen any Scala 500 specific issues. IMO, being new to BT headsets and seeing the mixed reviews on most I figure a $10 investment was appropriate until I found one that was worth more than that.

I just spent $200 on new earbuds to replace the 2 sets I used with my 600 so I'm itching to drop $$ on a BT headset. I will hold off until more feedback comes in on which brand/models work best.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl
    The headset that works the most reliably for me on both the 650 and 700p is the Palm branded Treo headset. By reliable I mean that it generally works and is able to maintain a connection to the phone without spontaneously disconnecting.
    I have similar experience. I have used the same headset for my 650 for almost a year and since early June for my 700p w/o the connection problems that other users experience with other headsets. This is *NOT* the latest Palm branded Treo headset btw. I am talking about this .
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607