Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    If Palm was smart, they would sell different versions of the Treo 650...
    They do, it's called the 700P.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    When y'all got your 650s for free or next to free (under $100)...did you have to renew your contract? I've been month to month on a great plan that I dont want to give up...I aint signing a new contract...
    Can you say E-B-a-y???
    Getting T650 for under $100 on e-Bay is TOUGH. lol
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duandcc
    When y'all got your 650s for free or next to free (under $100)...did you have to renew your contract? I've been month to month on a great plan that I dont want to give up...I aint signing a new contract...
    yeah, 2 years of an extention ON your original contract. so your great deal will be extended.
    Last edited by rshaan; 06/20/2006 at 09:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    With the 650 going for a hundred bucks or less, why would Palm bother to release a Lowrider?
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    With the 650 going for a hundred bucks or less, why would Palm bother to release a Lowrider?
    I thought the 700 was the lowrider?
    Yes, getting the Treo 650 from retentions for $FREE$ required me to re-sign a 2-year contract. I too have a great grandfathered plan (that includes unlimited regular vision and sms which is why I didn't really look at the 700p). It just extends that for 2 more years (otherwise I owe $200 to break it).

If your plan is your worry, sign the contract. If you can't be tied to a contract (e.g. you're gonna be sent overseas in the next 6+ months), don't sign it.

On the Ebay idea...if you sell the $FREE$ 650 on Ebay, your 2-year contract is still in effect, you just no longer have a phone. In theory, I could go pay $55 to invoke the replacement on my current br0xed clamshell and sell the 650 on ebay and come out $150-ish ahead. But I want the phone for that $150-ish of value.
    If you're sent somewhere your provider doesn't have service, there's a good chance you will not have to pay to break your contract. It happened to me twice, once with Sprint and once with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I thought the 700 was the lowrider?
    My understanding of the lowrider is that it is intended for the budget conscious. I must have gotten it wrong.
    Anyone know if it would be possible for a new Sprint customer to get a Treo 650 on a SERO plan, and who I'd have to talk to and sweet talk?
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    The 650 isn't retailing for $100 or less....
    The Sprint store in Denton, Texas still had a 650 on display as of today.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12