Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ..... if my Treo 700p ships today. Paid for overnight shipping ($15) ... hey - I'm one of those people that take forever to decide, but when I do I want it now!

Anyway .... looking forward to using (and learning) all about the phone. Thanks to all that have answered questions, but I'm sure by tomorrow evening I may have one or two more. <grin> (have already read the .pdf manual on line)
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    ..... if my Treo 700p ships today. Paid for overnight shipping ($15) ... hey - I'm one of those people that take forever to decide, but when I do I want it now!

Anyway .... looking forward to using (and learning) all about the phone. Thanks to all that have answered questions, but I'm sure by tomorrow evening I may have one or two more. <grin> (have already read the .pdf manual on line)

Yes, welcome to the (elite ) 700p club! You already read the manual?!? I haven't even touched my manual, and it's still sealed in plastic!

It took me 2 days to realize the task bar button is now relocated to the bottom right of the keyboard (the task bar button is now where the Green button is on the 700p). I kept wondering how to pull up the stupid task bar menu to set preferences for my various apps!

Now if I can just figure out what the Green button is useful for, that will be another accomplishment! What in the world is the Green button good for?

Casey
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I kept wondering how to pull up the stupid task bar menu to set preferences for my various apps!

Now if I can just figure out what the Green button is useful for, that will be another accomplishment! What in the world is the Green button good for?

Casey
    Wellllll ...... I guess you COULD read the manual (or I'd be happy to go look it up and report back.) lol
    Welcome to the club, you're going to have a nice time here
    Jimmie Geddes
    Wellllll ...... I guess you COULD read the manual (or I'd be happy to go look it up and report back.) lol
    Real geeks don't read manuals! Hyuck, hyuck! We like learning the hard way!

Yes, please report back on what the Green button is good for.

Thanks! Casey
  6.    #6  
    Green Button ..... = Talk Button (so sez the manual) ... I guess if you use the key pad to dial a number you have to hit the "greenie" to dial??? dunno
    In the store, when I was playing around with one, that seemed to be it... as far as I could tell. The green button seems to only be useful within the phone application. It won't actually call up the phone application, but once in the phone app you can dial a number and then press the green button to dial. Also noticed that if you press it without dialing anything it will pop up a list of the most recently dialed numbers. I'm sure there are probably more functions here and there, but those were the ones I found.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    The green/send button is a waste of space by default. Use LudusP v1.6 and remap the button to something useful!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Yes, welcome to the (elite ) 700p club! You already read the manual?!? I haven't even touched my manual, and it's still sealed in plastic!

It took me 2 days to realize the task bar button is now relocated to the bottom right of the keyboard (the task bar button is now where the Green button is on the 700p). I kept wondering how to pull up the stupid task bar menu to set preferences for my various apps!

Casey

Yeah... Palm messed up on the button layout. It was perfect the way it was. Green button... USELESS! YES I KNOW WHAT IT DOES! And if you dont say it useless you are useless. I feel them moving the (right click button or menu/advanced button) to the keyboard, well i see this button not working someday for I use it so much.

Anyway welcome to the club and I look forward to the first firmware update. Sprint of Verizon. Who first??? I love the speed of the 650 but I cant go back. Just wish Slingbox and logmein.com would work. They work on the 700w but that thing is just crap...
  10.    #10  
    Won't be gettin any 700p's today
    whereismyorder.com is still showing "pending approval". Geez - ain't buying property in downtown NYC. Hasn't even shipped yet. Guess the 2-3 days to get approved is accurate. Bummer. Oh well ..... maybe by the weekend.

Guess I'll go read the manual again and read up the colored buttons.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I ordered my 700p thru Sprint retentions for $249 on Monday and yesterday was given a tracking #, which I just checked this morning and it's status is "Out For Delivery". Woo Hoo!!! Can't wait to lay my paws on my new toy today!!!
  12.    #12  
    Order mine Tuesday at 12:15pm ... still have no shipping status ..... paid for overnight delivery - but at least when it ships I'll have it the next day (I guess)
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Order mine Tuesday at 12:15pm ... still have no shipping status ..... paid for overnight delivery - but at least when it ships I'll have it the next day (I guess)

Who'd you order thru?
  14.    #14  
    Went thru the SERO plan....... spoke to a live person. 24+ hours later the whole deal isn't approved yet.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Went thru the SERO plan....... spoke to a live person. 24+ hours later the whole deal isn't approved yet.

SERO plan or not [I don't have it] I believe all orders go thru approval. I know my order was approved while I was on the phone, because the rep with retentions that took my order had her manager enter some code while she was on the phone with me, which basically was the approval and immediately sent my order straight thru to the shipping department. At least that's how she explained it to me. I am sure your order will ship out tomorrow and you should have it by Friday. The approval process shouldn't take long, but I have heard some horror stories coming from Sprint dealing with the 700p.

For what it's worth, once you do get a tracking #, don't be surprised if you don't see any information on the UPS website then the next morning you check and notice that not only has it already been shipped, but that it's already 'out for delivery'. That happened to me, and to many others.
    For what it's worth, once you do get a tracking #, don't be surprised if you don't see any information on the UPS website then the next morning you check and notice that not only has it already been shipped, but that it's already 'out for delivery'. That happened to me, and to many others.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I went through this whole tracking thing to. The next morning I called Sprint customer service to get a UPS tracking number, which I was able to see the progress of the shipment online.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I actually got it yesterday, and in between having dinner with the wife, trying to runs errands and such I didn't have as much playing time as I'd like.

I walked into the verizon store and picked up their last one. i'm like a kid as christmas!!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman
    I actually got it yesterday, and in between having dinner with the wife, trying to runs errands and such I didn't have as much playing time as I'd like.

I walked into the verizon store and picked up their last one. i'm like a kid as christmas!!

Still waiting on the freakin' UPS guy to show up! How fun it must be for you lol
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bru1ns
    Still waiting on the freakin' UPS guy to show up! How fun it must be for you lol
    LOL!! STILL waiting to get approved.
  20.    #20  
    Well son of a gun ..... posted the above message - checked whereismyorder.com and I've been approved. Here's the latest.

<quote>
    The phone you have ordered is extremely popular and we are currently moving additional inventory into stock. Your order should be processed within 72 hours.

You will receive an email when your phone ships.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast