Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1.    #1  
    I've searched the forum to no avail regarding my issue, so here goes:

    I have a Verizon Treo 650 with the 1.04 ROM. I've used mmastrac's fabulous ROMTool to remove/update the following files from this ROM:

    - FATFS -> FAT32
    - Removed: All nonUS translation files (108)
    - Removed: All "tips" files (18)
    - Removed: All "tutorial" files (3)
    - Removed: scientific calculator (2)
    - Removed: "welcome" files (3)
    - Removed: Handando launcher (4)

    Total files removed = 138. From ROMTool:
    - Largest ROM Size: 8,414,208
    - Current ROM Size: 6,890,699
    - Wasted Space: 1,523,509

    All worked just fine after this (seemingly) thorough house cleaning...

    I then ADDED the Diddlebug .prc to the ROM which changed the last 2 numbers above by about 160KB.

    Since doing this, every time a Diddlebug alarm goes off, my 650 soft resets - great fun. The only similar thread on this I found in the forum is this one:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107329

    that's associated with an OEM ROM update, not a custom ROM, and doesn't have an answer.

    I'd appreciate any input on this. Thanks!

    Update: Well, I did some debug which, admittedly, I should have done before posting. I deleted the Diddlebug.prc from the ROM and reinstalled a backup .prc to RAM via hotsync (the .pdb file remained on the Treo). Interestingly, the device STILL reset with alarms. So, something got dorked when I did the ROM update a couple days ago.

    I then deleted all Diddlebug files via LauncherX, reloaded them into RAM via hotsync and all was well again.

    I then redeleted the files, put the .prc file back into ROM and loaded the .pdb file to RAM via hotsync and it worked!

    So, all is well (minus some extra characters in the forum) though I need to figure out what happened with the .pdb file in the earlier process...
    Last edited by peloton; 06/13/2006 at 03:08 PM.
    "The heavens declare His righteousness, And all the peoples have seen His glory."<br>e-sword
  2. #2  
    Hi Peloton
    I have run into a problem with my Treo 650 while trying to update to 1.0.4 for VZW. Treo now is a glorified PDA and every time I try to get the phone to turn on it reboots. So would you be able to help me out with ROM file.

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by peloton
    I've searched the forum to no avail regarding my issue, so here goes:

    I have a Verizon Treo 650 with the 1.04 ROM. I've used mmastrac's fabulous ROMTool to remove/update the following files from this ROM:

    - FATFS -> FAT32
    - Removed: All nonUS translation files (108)
    - Removed: All "tips" files (18)
    - Removed: All "tutorial" files (3)
    - Removed: scientific calculator (2)
    - Removed: "welcome" files (3)
    - Removed: Handando launcher (4)

    Total files removed = 138. From ROMTool:
    - Largest ROM Size: 8,414,208
    - Current ROM Size: 6,890,699
    - Wasted Space: 1,523,509

    All worked just fine after this (seemingly) thorough house cleaning...

    I then ADDED the Diddlebug .prc to the ROM which changed the last 2 numbers above by about 160KB.

    Since doing this, every time a Diddlebug alarm goes off, my 650 soft resets - great fun. The only similar thread on this I found in the forum is this one:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107329

    that's associated with an OEM ROM update, not a custom ROM, and doesn't have an answer.

    I'd appreciate any input on this. Thanks!

    Update: Well, I did some debug which, admittedly, I should have done before posting. I deleted the Diddlebug.prc from the ROM and reinstalled a backup .prc to RAM via hotsync (the .pdb file remained on the Treo). Interestingly, the device STILL reset with alarms. So, something got dorked when I did the ROM update a couple days ago.

    I then deleted all Diddlebug files via LauncherX, reloaded them into RAM via hotsync and all was well again.

    I then redeleted the files, put the .prc file back into ROM and loaded the .pdb file to RAM via hotsync and it worked!

    So, all is well (minus some extra characters in the forum) though I need to figure out what happened with the .pdb file in the earlier process...

Posting Permissions