Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Might be useless but just wanted to give you guys a heads up on Windows Vista and the new Office 2007, I installed both beta on my PC and and Windows XP with Office 2007 works good. Hotsyncs with no problems, But when i installed Windows Vista Beta, it does not recognize the Treo or the Hotsync Drivers, just wanted to save any of you time if your Considering Downloading Windows Vista Beta from Microsof, Its a nice operating system alot of eye candie it did not give me any problems except a few things that i couldnt find the correct drivers for, one being the Hotsync, Wich of course is a major issue for me. By the way the Windows Vista Beta is a 3.6gig download and Office 2007 is a 400meg download.

Sorry if its a waste of thread space, but just wanted to help.
    This is off topic but how did you get access to the Vista Beta?
  3.    #4  
    if anybody can get their Hotsync to work with the Treo after installing Vista please post
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Does Hotsync work with the outlook beta??? I am using the palm hotsync, not from chapura. I thought I saw a thread elsewhere that said hotsync with the palm drivers wasn't working.

Same goes for docs to go. I read somewhere else that the documents were not transferring, since docs to go was not 2007 ready, and wouldn't be until the release of office 2007.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I was having trouble syncing with outlook 2007 but have not investigated too far into it.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    i installed Windows Vista Beta, it does not recognize the Treo or the Hotsync Drivers, just wanted to save any of you time if your Considering Downloading Windows Vista Beta from Microsof, Its a nice operating system alot of eye candie it did not give me any problems except a few things that i couldnt find the correct drivers for, one being the Hotsync, Wich of course is a major issue for me.
    Rats!!!!

I was about to install Windows Vista tonight! This will probably be a deal breaker for me too. Hotsync is important for me if someone can figure it out please chime in.
    I was really looking forward to installing Windows Vista. My brother just installed it and he say its as fast as a light switch when powering on and off his computer. Not to mention the new security features.
    Last edited by migs; 06/13/2006 at 03:28 PM.
    outlook 2007 will NOT work with hotsync without Chapura PocketMirror 4.1.1 (older 4 ver don't work as well).
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I guess this is what happens when you want to be on the bleeding edge..... there's got to be a work around. I thought Windows Vista was backward compatible with XP applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    II thought Windows Vista was backward compatible with XP applications.
    Applications yes, drivers no.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I wonder if this would work? . There is an application call PDaReach that lets you control you Treo from your desktop. It avoids the Hotsync Manager and is definatly 700p compatible.
    PdaReach displays a floating edit popup on Windows, allowing you to change any text fields on the device, even copying/pasting text from other Windows applications,
    If you need to install a single Palm application (.prc or .pdb file) to your device, just drag-and-drop that file to the PdaReach window and it will be installed immediately. HotSync is not needed.

http://www.junefabrics.com/pdareach/index.php
    also, docstogo does not work with office 07, the treo will freeze on documents sync everytime. I had to disable dtg. I am always on the bleeding edge of technology, that's why I bought a 700 and that's why I installed office 07. I have written dtg support asking them to include 07 support in their next upgrade.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    also, docstogo does not work with office 07, the treo will freeze on documents sync everytime. I had to disable dtg. I am always on the bleeding edge of technology, that's why I bought a 700 and that's why I installed office 07. I have written dtg support asking them to include 07 support in their next upgrade.
    Save your documents as 03 docs and not 07 docs.
    Be aware of "Windows Vista Premium Ready" system requirements:

40 Gig HD
    15 GB HD "Free" space
    1 Gig RAM
    128 MB vid card
    DVD
    1 Ghz processor
    I'm sure Palm and/or DataViz will have some kind of update for us by the time Vista and Office 2007 is officially released.
    has anyone tried a hotsync using bluetooth in Vista? Possibly that may work.
    johnH59, the file format has nothing to do with it, the treo freezes because the dtg conduit cannot launch office 07 products.
    Treoing & Loving it
  17.    #18  
    i left Vista Installed on my home pc since i hardly ever sync that pc with the treo, ill wait around see if they have some fixes for it. i had to reformat my whole hardrive on my laptop, for some reason it wouldnt let me boot up WinXP , when i installed i installed a clean copy of Vista, so i can double boot.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Anyone one of you Vista users try PDaReach yet? I can't install Vista on my machine till I add a better video card.
    I am brave but not brave enough to install vista (I installed office 07)
    Treoing & Loving it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast