1.    #1  
    I bought a treo 600 on ebay it is a sprint phone however it has the verizon software, Can anyone let me know if there is a previous thread or information on changing the software back to sprint, they are not able to activate the phone due to this software problem and they dont know the programming codes.
    thanks for any advice possible
    This isn't possible. The hardware is different inside the phone. Verizon uses GSM while Sprint uses CDMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by mark3397
    This isn't possible. The hardware is different inside the phone. Verizon uses GSM while Sprint uses CDMA.
    Wrong. Both Verizon and Sprint use CDMA. Back when 600's were common, it was not unheard of to re-flash the Sprint ROM with a Verizon ROM, to activate the 600 on Verizon. You should be able to do the reverse, just not sure where you could easily obtain a current Sprint 600 ROM. I would be back and search the 600 boards for more information. Use keys words like ROM, Verizon, etc. You may even be able to find a current ROM for download on the Palm website.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Here is a Sprint 600 ROM update, dated 5/13/04. This is from the Palm support site...

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...int_v1_20.html
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    nevermind