1.    #1  
    Does Blazer (or any other compatible browser application) support "Motion JPEG" video via the Internet?

I have been trying to access Panasonic IP Camera feeds via the Internet, but I can't view the Motion JPEG - it simply doesn't show up in Blazer.

It would be FANTASTIC if we could get a live video stream (not a snapshot) to work on the Treo... we could then monitor our favorite locations in real time, and control the cameras from our 700p!

Try it for yourself...

Here is the IP Camera URL:

http://p.viewnetcam.com:60001/
    (Click on the "Single" Tab at the top of the page to see video)

***Try it on your PC first so you can see what it is "supposed" to look like.***

(FYI - If you're using Internet Explorer, you may need to install an ActiveX plug-in to view the video feed - it will prompt you if you need it. Firefox works better actually, and I don't think you need to install anything.)

In case that camera is down, try an alternate camera here:

http://82.69.144.6:1030/
    (Click in the "Single Tab," then click on 320x240 to make the screen smaller)

Here's one is Japan...
    http://5656chaya.iobb.net:50000/

I was just wondering if there is any way Motion JPEG video is supported on the 700p device. Can anyone get this to work????

Thanks.

P.S. - The cameras can only handle a "few" simultaneous users... so don't everyone "fight" over the controls now.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Your problem is that to view the camera on the net requires an activex control to be loaded.
    Palm does not work with activex. I have the same problem. I'm working with VivoTek cameras and they have an activex control that comes with the camera and also some sample code for streaming to Windows CE, but for Palm I'm SOL.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    Your problem is that to view the camera on the net requires an activex control to be loaded.
    Palm does not work with activex. I have the same problem. I'm working with VivoTek cameras and they have an activex control that comes with the camera and also some sample code for streaming to Windows CE, but for Palm I'm SOL.
    Interesting...

When I first viewed the Camera's using Firefox, I was never prompted to install an ActiveX control (I only had to "accept" a security certificate). Does this ActicveX control come built-in Firefox or is Firefox using some other Plug-in to view the Motion JPEG?

Seems like Firefox displayed the Motion JPEG video without any Plug-In install. I just tried it on a Mac (no previous ActiveX installs) at it works. I confused to why it works in Firefox without ActiveX, but it won't work in Blazer.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

BTW - Those cameras are really fun to play with (pan, zoom, etc.)
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i also purchased a pansonic network webcam BL-C30a and was hoping to view it on my 700p. but no luck so far...
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Kinoma 4.1 supports Motion Jpeg, but you would need to know the exact URL to the actual MJPEG stream. The link you're providing just provides a shortcut to use an ActiveX (in IE) or JAVA (in other browsers) control to view the actual stream. The ActiveX and/or JAVA controls are setup to actually stream the MJPEG stream.

Also, not all MJPEG streams are created equally. Kinoma supports several formats, but not all.