1.    #1  
    I think i found an incompatibility with sms and keycontacts. On the 650 sms application, when you clicked on the dropdown and chose lookup in contacts, it would search through keycontacts if you had it installed and set as your contacts manager. On the 700p, there is no "lookup in contacts" and when I just start typing names or initials, it does not pull anything up. If i do however put in the person's mobile number manually, it will change it to Person's Name (M) and keep that in the dropdown. Anyone else using keysuite and come across this. I do not want to sync my contacts with the onboard contacts program.
    I just noticed this problem too and found this post when searching. Has anyone found a solution to this?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Yeah. The solution is to us PocketMirror XT Pro. I can give you multiple contact folders, but still uses the native palm databases. In fact, I use KeySuite for my calender, and PM XT Pro for my contacts. Works good.
    But Chapura states that Keycontacts will work with SMS. I guess I will e-mail them.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Here is the Chapura response:

Hi,

I'm sorry, but Palm change the way the Lookup feature works on the 700p.
    The SMS application will not lookup contacts in KeyContacts.

Thank you,

Michelle
    Chapura Support

Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Yeah. The solution is to us PocketMirror XT Pro. I can give you multiple contact folders, but still uses the native palm databases. In fact, I use KeySuite for my calender, and PM XT Pro for my contacts. Works good.
    It doesn't give you multiple contact folders on the device though, right? It maps folders to categories. For me that isn't enough because I place contacts in multiple categories (the one thing that only KeySuite supports).

It also bugs me that they want to charge me for XT Pro even though I own KeySuite and PocketMirror and its their app that isn't supporting the basic functionality I need (SMS).

d
    XT Pro does sync multiple sub-folder for contacts in Outlook. It puts them in separate folders on the Treo and uses the Palm databases, unlike KeySuite which has it's own databases.