1.    #1  
    GoodGuy - my company only supports GoodLink on the Cingular T650 (looks like v.4.7.0.25). I just upgraded to the Sprint 700p (on my own dime) and want to know if they can hook me into the Good server if i download GoodLink from Sprint. Do you know if they can hook me up without any problems? Would it be fairly transparent to them or does the Sprint factor and or the more recent version make a difference? Also - can I a slim install and use Good for email only - not contacts and calendar?

Here is the link to the sprint offering - not sure if this is the 700p description though...

(http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...Link_tabA.html)

Thanks in advance,

Mshaw1515
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    GoodGuy - my company only supports GoodLink on the Cingular T650 (looks like v.4.7.0.25). I just upgraded to the Sprint 700p (on my own dime) and want to know if they can hook me into the Good server if i download GoodLink from Sprint. Do you know if they can hook me up without any problems? Would it be fairly transparent to them or does the Sprint factor and or the more recent version make a difference? Also - can I a slim install and use Good for email only - not contacts and calendar?

Here is the link to the sprint offering - not sure if this is the 700p description though...

(http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...Link_tabA.html)
    They need to be running GoodLink 4.8 to support the 700P. As for using only parts of GoodLink, you don't have that option.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    They need to be running GoodLink 4.8 to support the 700P. As for using only parts of GoodLink, you don't have that option.
    Bull twinkies!

It might not be supported, but it's easy to keep the Palm contacts and calendar apps available/functional when you run Good.

Install good like normal

restart the handheld in safe mode (hold the up arrow while hitting the reset button in the back, if you do this right it will give you the date/time setup prompt when it comes back on)

go to home screen of Treo, menu -> Delete

Delete: datebook
    delete: contacts

they should be at the very top of the delete list and will have spaces in front of them... won't be very large either, datebook should be small (it might be called Calendar, i'm not sure off the top of my head). Contacts might be around 60-ish KB.

After deleting both, the only way to access Good's contacts or calendar will be by starting the main goodlink app and then navigating to the appropriate icon. Good contacts will not be connected to the phone app anymore either, so incoming calls won't get callerID info from good (it will use the internal palm contacts DB instead).

I've been doing this split system for the past 10 or so versions of Goodlink, I think I started doing it with 3.8 and am still doing it on 4.8. I like to keep the palm contacts DB available because I have an exchange server at home, and this way I can sync the internal palm apps to there, and use Good against my office exchange.

It might not be "supported," but it seems to work just fine over here. If there were a way to "separate" Good's contacts and calendar so they don't attempt to override the built-ins, I'd be happy because I wouldn't need to keep doing this...
    I was saying that you can't install one portion and not the other.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Ah, I didn't read you clearly then.

I don't disagree with you at all. No options, it's a full install or nothing.

It's just that those of us who don't mind playing around can remove bits and have our cake and eat it too.