1.    #1  
    I want to unbrand my treo 650 (unlocked) and do not have a clue as to where to begin. I have T-Mobile service and see no reason to have all this extra cingular crap on my treo. Can anyone help me?
  2.    #2  
    phone info as follows:
    Treo 650
    Hardware: A
    Firmware: 01.05
    Software: 1.04 - CNG

yes, I know I need to use the updater. Will the CNG updater cause my phone to be locked again if I use it to upgrade?
    Firmware updates will not lock your phone. Just do the Cingular update and then use the ROM tool to strip out the stuff you don't want.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I am in a similar situation. However I have 1 to 2 resets a day, data send error in the crash log. A knowledgeable member here explained that this is likely due to the fact that the Cingular update doesn't work well with the T-mobile network. If I could go back, I would not have installed the update, especially since I am not a versamail fan anyway. My biggest obstacle is that I am not confident in my ability to perform a custom ROM. I have read the threads on the ROM tool and have to run away from my computer, screaming in terror.
    Please be sure to let us know how you make out.
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijou
    I am in a similar situation. However I have 1 to 2 resets a day, data send error in the crash log.
    Sure this is not due to the "Enable Local Network Time" problem
    discussed here sometime back?

- mvk
    Hi Hex,
    Yeah, I wish it were, but I did disable it on my phone.
    Thanks tho.
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)