Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Recently my Vaja case ($125 shipped) decided to somewhat fall apart, fade or discolor and stretch to the point where my Treo fell out numerous times.

So it was time to buy a new case

Deciding never to give Vaja any more of my money (horrible CS) and after reading about different cases I purchased the Sena open type case which I found somewhat OK???

I had 2 issues with that case, corner protection (open) and the middle piece of leather running between the keyboard and screen which seemed to get in the way alot. I found I really missed open feel and the added protection of the vaja.

So I had seen this case on ebay b4 and took a chance and brought it.

http://www.podsplus.com/index.cfm?fu...Product_ID=210

To my surprise in comes packaged rather well in a box and has a bag i will never use, just like vaja.
    The case has the look of a vaja, seems to be pretty robust,the stretching issue only time will tell but it seems to be 2 pieces of plastic with the leather applied over the top. So maybe it might not stretch as much as vaja's case which has 2 separate pieces with leather applied then joined?

I couple of other differences/features :

Only comes in Black!

Inside is lined with a soft material.

The belt pin can be screwed in or out (vaja has to be fixed one or the other)

It has No Mesh over the front and back Speaker holes unlike Vaja

Fits very tightly no way of it falling out and fits the treo great!

Belt clip is the locking kind

I brought mine from the co. off ebay paid freight ,but after recieving it I went to thier site they do have free shipping till the 15th june (anything over $29.00) and they also supplied 10% off coupon code (PP2006) for my next purchase.

While it is Not excactly a Vaja case, I can buy 4 of these to 1 vaja case and have excactly the same look, feel and protection so i thinks thats a pretty good deal.
    Last edited by sjjones; 06/13/2006 at 07:13 AM.
    This case does not seem too bad. How is the key access? The Smartphone Experts case on Treocentral was dinged for the key access. This one looks better as it does not hug the keys too much. Also, how sturdy is the clip and what Ebay seller are they listed under? Thanks. No more $100+ to Vaja
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Key access ? the front is open nothing gets in the way, same as the Vaja. (I did not buy the Flap model?)

The clip seems to be ok, spring type with a lock release at the top. You can buy replacements on the website, which i will do just in case I loose one.

Time will tell on clips etc, but i never broken a belt clip, so???

The reason I listed the website is its actually cheaper than ebay!

Regarding the smartphone was that a 650 case? i am using a case for the 700, maybe they are different? No different in bulk and access to my vaja.
    Last edited by sjjones; 06/13/2006 at 09:56 AM.
    Here is the review on the Smart Experts case. It is close to this other case but you will notice that the keys are close to the edge of the case. I wanted to make sure that on this case the outside keys are not difficult to push because of the case in the way. The link to the review is below.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/638-1.htm
    Also is the speaker for the microphone uncovered on the bottom of this case? I may try it,
    Looks ok, but doesn't have mesh cover over the speaker or earpiece. Also, Vaja offers the rivet pin / belt clip which is alot smaller than a stub and probably more secure than a removable stub. BUT at only $30.00 this case looks ok.
    I ordered one and will post when I get it. $27 out the door, free shipping
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    The review was done on the 650 case I have the 700 case

The keyboard is pretty open around the bottom area, I have had No trouble typing today, might depend of the testers finger size though.

You can see the top edge on the treo, it does not go over the top of the key area.

Compared it to my old vaja no real difference in the keyboard area.

Speaker and input area is very clean with nothing in the way

Regarding the belt clip stub the Vaja is alot bigger and there is No way to take it off.??

Mesh over the speaker, no big deal?? On my Vaja thats one the places where the plastic inner is coming through!!

If you want to stay on you could always use "locktite" to make somewhat permanent.

Invest: Hope you are as happy (so far) as me but its good to have a 2nd opinion voiced . Did you get an extra belt clip??
    Last edited by sjjones; 06/13/2006 at 01:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    This really looks exactly like the Boxwave Desiginio/ExtremePDA/eBay one that blocks the use of the outter keys on the keyboard. I hope I'm wrong.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster
    This really looks exactly like the Boxwave Desiginio/ExtremePDA/eBay one that blocks the use of the outter keys on the keyboard. I hope I'm wrong.
    Again I am having No trouble with any on the keys, wondering if they changed it with 700 series case.

We will have a second opinion very soon with Investwisly getting his/hers very soon, Maybe I just got lucky.
    If you look at the detailed closeup of this case on the website you will see that the case does not as close to the key pad as the Boxwave/Smart Experts.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Investwisely:

Do you mean the 650 case or the 700 case?
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    ssjones, can you post a picture?!

I have a smartphone experts case that I got for my 650 and my 700, and I don't like how it blocks the keys. $17 shipped anyone?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    i don't know how to post pictures, but send me a PM with email address I will take some later this afternoon

But again its a non issue
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    i don't know how to post pictures, but send me a PM with email address I will take some later this afternoon

But again its a non issue
    Click the "Add Reply" button under any given post, scroll down and click the "Manage Attachments" button.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Click the "Add Reply" button under any given post, scroll down and click the "Manage Attachments" button.
    Here you go,

With the side view I am trying to show the sidewall is a hair lower than the keys

Back is the back, fits nicely around the camera lens

Keyboard picture, is little hard to see, but that is the edge of treo than the soft liner than leather sidewall.

Added Keyboard2 with a reflection from the flash to show how much room etc

And of course the front view

** Thanks Stothes you me taught me something today!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sjjones; 06/15/2006 at 01:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    wow, so the side does not get in the way of the keys at all? or just slightly?!

i may consider this, or I was thinking of getting the EB eNOVO case, without the flip, it seems like a vaja style case with hard plastic, wrapped in leather, and it looks to be extremely thin.

how much thicker do you think this case is compared to the vaja? I have the smartphone experts case and imo it's pretty dang thick!
    Looks like the edge along the bottom of the keyboard sticks up higher than the Vaja. Doesn't that get in the way of using the bottom row of keys?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
    wow, so the side does not get in the way of the keys at all? or just slightly?!

i may consider this, or I was thinking of getting the EB eNOVO case, without the flip, it seems like a vaja style case with hard plastic, wrapped in leather, and it looks to be extremely thin.

how much thicker do you think this case is compared to the vaja? I have the smartphone experts case and imo it's pretty dang thick!
    It does add bulk, the same bulk as my vaja which I did not mind. The Vaja case is NOT thin.

If you like a case that does not add bulk then a sena might be the case for you. (I have 2 wk old black one you can buy?)
    Last edited by sjjones; 06/15/2006 at 10:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Looks like the edge along the bottom of the keyboard sticks up higher than the Vaja. Doesn't that get in the way of using the bottom row of keys?
    The vaja case edge is flatter but sits up about same hgt, but the edge on the vaja (650 case) is closer to the keys!! all the way round!

I wear XL gloves so my fingers are not small and have NO issue with the keys.

All these worries for a $27.00 case (thats want invest paid), Check the website I am sure they have a return policy, its free shipping till the 17th, if you don't like it, its going to cost you $5 for the return shipping, each of us have wasted $5 in time talking and asking questions about the silly case???

The other option if you like the Vaja style of case ,buy one for a $125 then there is no worries.

I am completely happy with mine and its worth the $34 odd dollars I paid for it, sure its not an excact "VAJA" case but who cares, it works, its the style I like, and I can buy 4 to1 vaja

Please don't take my comments the wrong way, but i think i have answered all the questions (taken photo's) to the best of my ability, you either buy one or you don't??

Good luck Stephen
    Last edited by sjjones; 06/15/2006 at 10:45 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast