Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ
    Carl,

    I downloaded it tonight and did my first backup with it with no errors. I have yet to do a restore. I am going to play more with it over the next several days. Have you done a restore with it yet? The warnings on the install are a bit frightening to the uninformed and newbie.

    Regards,

    Jim
    I have done many restores with NVBackup and have never had any problems with it at all.
  2. doctoss's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #42  
    Warm reset and I was able to delete uncache
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996
    Does the silence mean no-one knows how to remove UnCacheExt? Is the only way a hard reset?????
    If you check the enable check box to disable it you should be able to delete with any launcher. The alternative is to do a warm reset and delete with either FileZ or Resco Explorer

    Regards,

    Jim
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl
    I have done many restores with NVBackup and have never had any problems with it at all.
    ClipCarl,

    That is good to hear from someone so successful so many times. I was crash testing my T700 over the past few days and tried to do restore with NVBackup. The restore went very well BUT, I seemed to loose the associations with other files that I have on the SD card(which are many). Thinking that this was an abberation, I did another hard reset and this time restored with RescoBackup. All associations worked as they should. Did another hard reset and selected another backup point with NVBackup. Same thing again.

    Can you help me out here. Are you loosing associations that were made of shortcuts with their targets? Are you using a launcher such as ZLauncher. I have used ZLauncher for some time and am not ready to give it up.

    I am just trying to find some middle ground here with these backup solutions. Any insight you have would be greatly appreciated. I did all the backups sequentially and received no error messages after the backup and cleared dBCache between backup runs.

    Regards,

    Jim
  5. OrionNE's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #45  
    I noticed that when I used uncache. It would not allow Blazer to be my default browser. I could not find Blazer in the list to add at startup.

    Just though I would mention it.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ
    ClipCarl,

    That is good to hear from someone so successful so many times. I was crash testing my T700 over the past few days and tried to do restore with NVBackup. The restore went very well BUT, I seemed to loose the associations with other files that I have on the SD card(which are many). Thinking that this was an abberation, I did another hard reset and this time restored with RescoBackup. All associations worked as they should. Did another hard reset and selected another backup point with NVBackup. Same thing again.

    Can you help me out here. Are you loosing associations that were made of shortcuts with their targets? Are you using a launcher such as ZLauncher. I have used ZLauncher for some time and am not ready to give it up.

    I am just trying to find some middle ground here with these backup solutions. Any insight you have would be greatly appreciated. I did all the backups sequentially and received no error messages after the backup and cleared dBCache between backup runs.

    Regards,

    Jim
    I don't use zLauncher and I'm not sure what you mean when you say you're losing "associations?" Are you saying have apps on the card and you must create these associations in zLaucher so that you can see them and categorize them? I use LauncherX and it just autmatically sees and allows you to use and categorize apps on the card. No associations needed.

    Is that what you're talking about?
  7. #47  
    There is a command on the menu of Zlauncher which allows you to "refresh" association s, or refresh shortcuts or something like that. I find that sometimes I have to run it after a full restore... is that what you're talking about?
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus
    There is a command on the menu of Zlauncher which allows you to "refresh" association s, or refresh shortcuts or something like that. I find that sometimes I have to run it after a full restore... is that what you're talking about?
    That is EXACTLY what I am talking about. I have done that and it appears that it does not recognize the SkyScape products predominately and to a lesser degree such things as Ultrasoft Money. When I run update apps or update shortcuts, I do not see any additional icons at home and when I click on the ones present it states that the application was not found.

    Regards,

    Jim
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl
    I don't use zLauncher and I'm not sure what you mean when you say you're losing "associations?" Are you saying have apps on the card and you must create these associations in zLaucher so that you can see them and categorize them? I use LauncherX and it just autmatically sees and allows you to use and categorize apps on the card. No associations needed.

    Is that what you're talking about?
    ClipCarl,

    There is a command in ZLauncher to "Move to the card" and I have done this for the larger SkyScape e-books. It does not recognize these associations made WITH ZLauncher and will give me an error box with application not found. The SD card is recognized by ZLauncher and is showing the correct % full as it was. I only have the medical stuff categorized as medical. No other categories other than what came from Palm.

    Regards,

    Jim
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE
    I noticed that when I used uncache. It would not allow Blazer to be my default browser. I could not find Blazer in the list to add at startup.

    Just though I would mention it.
    Did you figure out how to fix this? I am having the same problem, but I don't think it is unCache (or at least uninstalling unCache doesn't fix it for me).

    This one is driving me bonkers.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE
    I noticed that when I used uncache. It would not allow Blazer to be my default browser. I could not find Blazer in the list to add at startup.
    I believe Blazer is listed as "Web," just as Versamail is listed as "Email."
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman
    I believe Blazer is listed as "Web," just as Versamail is listed as "Email."
    Similar to OrionNE, I don't have anything in the pop-up anymore, just <none>

    For Email I have VersaMail and Goodlink
    For Messaging I have Messaging

    But nothing for Browser.

    Although I'm still not sure this is related to unCache...
  13. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Megibow
    Similar to OrionNE, I don't have anything in the pop-up anymore, just <none>

    For Email I have VersaMail and Goodlink
    For Messaging I have Messaging

    But nothing for Browser.

    Although I'm still not sure this is related to unCache...
    I too had this problem. The worst part was that this caused my Favorites Buttons (from the phone app) that linked to web pages to stop working. I had installed Opera Mini, as well as uncache, and I am not sure what caused it.

    In Preferences, under Default Apps, the only entry was <none> for Browser.

    I finally gave up and did a hard reset.
  14. #54  
    Jim,

    Your topic was wavered off of uncache, and you might get more responses regarding zLauncher and NVbackup if you start a new post.

    As for me... I'm not sure why you're having problems, although I've often had to simply re-install skyscape products. Part of the reason I've weaned myself off them.
  15. #55  
    This is an interesting program that for some actually works. I've been using Uncache now for about a week, and have had no problems on my Treo700p.

    Does anyone know of a utility program that actually sets up a DBcache on the SD card? A utility that provides all sorts of user settings to control this SD based DBcache, and one that overrides the internal DBcache???
    Regards,

    2smart4phone
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions