I just bought a Treo 700p and I signed up for Sprint's Power Vision Ultimate Pack. Does that mean I can use DUN for internet access? What about if I use PDAnet?
    blah blah blah use the search blah blah
    1 | 2
    No it does not. You need to buy a PAM plan for DUN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naby
    I just bought a Treo 700p and I signed up for Sprint's Power Vision Ultimate Pack. Does that mean I can use DUN for internet access? What about if I use PDAnet?
    Some people believe that if you use programs like "PDANet" or the cheaper "USB Modem" then Sprint won't know you're using it and you won't have to pay their separate phone-as-modem (PAM) charges. However, ethics suggest that if you use a service you should pay for it.
    I signed up for the Phone as a Modem package for $40/month. I think that's only for a 2 year contract though. That includes unlimited web/data on your Treo by itself or if you're using it as a modem. It doesn't include picture mail or any of the multimedia (tv channels, radio, etc.). You can add those on at $5 a pop each.

Doesn't include the bells and whistles but it's still a good deal.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Is there anyone else that feels that if you pay for unlimited data services it shouldn't matter what device you are sending and viewing data from? I'm comparing it to all the other models for internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugley
    Is there anyone else that feels that if you pay for unlimited data services it shouldn't matter what device you are sending and viewing data from? I'm comparing it to all the other models for internet access.
    Also remember you could do this for free on the 650 without paying separately for any PAM plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl
    Also remember you could do this for free on the 650 without paying separately for any PAM plan.
    Here's an analogy: I received a mailing from Sprint offering "lower priced international calls" for a monthly fee and a ridiculously high per minute rate. I would never use it - I just dial into a toll-free number and use that service's lower rates (1c per minute instead of 7c with sprint). Sprint isn't going to cut off my account for that. But there's no harm on Sprint's part in trying to get $$$ from customers that don't know any better. Little bit different here, but I think for casual usage, they'll never know.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.