1.    #1  
    My apologies if these are simple issues or have been addressed extensively (I did do a search before posting).

I just got a Treo 700p after having been on a Blackberry for about a year (owned a 650 prior to that). I noticed that after installing the Palm software from the CD (on a Mac, by the way) and syncing everything, I have two files installed on the Treo that I did not notice prior to the initial sync: PassThruSync and VMNetLogging. Selecting either of them causes the Treo to reset. I don't know what they do or what they represent. Could someone please explain? Can I delete them? Should I?

Second issue: My experiences with a Blackberry left me longing for antialiased fonts on the Treo, so I did a search for something comparable and found (and installed) FontSmoother from Palm Gear. However, when I download the app from Palm Gear's servers, I get a zip file called "fsreg." Unzipping fsreg results in only two items: FontSmoother_Registration.pdb and a readme html link. I installed the pdb file onto the Palm and my fonts have not been smoothed. I'm realizing that I'm missing a step somewhere but I'm not sure what. Does anyone have any experience with FontSmoother and could guide me on its setup?

Any feedback would be much appreciated!
    You only got part of FontSmoother. There should be font files, etc. I'd give you a link, but I'm posting from my 700p & it's late. Google is your friend. Actually, I got FontSmoother from a tip in this forum, so you could try searching for it here too. Good luck.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    You only got part of FontSmoother. There should be font files, etc. I'd give you a link, but I'm posting from my 700p & it's late. Google is your friend. Actually, I got FontSmoother from a tip in this forum, so you could try searching for it here too. Good luck.

Thanks ... I actually figured out the problem. The link provided by Palm Gear only provided the reg prc which, apparently, triggers a full activation of the application on when a demo has been previously installed. It was confusing, but it's been resolved.

However, I'm still wondering if anyone has the answer to the first of my questions.
    Passthrusync is on the Cingular Treo 680 as well.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=passthrusync