1.    #1  
    did the sprint online store stop selling the treo 650 an local stores?
    As of this past weekend, the Sprint Store was selling them. According to the sales person, they still had a large inventory. However, I did notice online that the 650 had been pulled from the Personal side but still avaliable on the Business side of the Sprint website.

I was looking at getting the Treo 700p but that was a little to expensive for me. So, as a current Sprint customer, I gave them a call today to see what type of a deal I could get. The rep told me that they were having a special on the 650. I got it for only $99. I was surprised at how cheap it was. If they have so many left in inventory, why pull it from the website? I wonder.

I can't wait to get it!
    Its simple! Plans for the 700P will be more expensive than those for the 600 or 650.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Mich, would you mind telling what you asked/told the rep? I just got off the phone with telesales, and they said it's at the 199.99 price (not saying you're lying b/c other people have also gotten the 650 for 99.99)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedeas
    Its simple! Plans for the 700P will be more expensive than those for the 600 or 650.
    Not if you get SERO! It is the same rate and you get highspeed internet.
    All I asked was how much would a Treo cost me. That's when he said they had a special on the 650. The key is to speak with retentions at Sprint and not telesales.

If you're new to Sprint, I don't think you get the $99 deal. It sounds like it's for existing subscribers only.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mich
    All I asked was how much would a Treo cost me. That's when he said they had a special on the 650. The key is to speak with retentions at Sprint and not telesales.

If you're new to Sprint, I don't think you get the $99 deal. It sounds like it's for existing subscribers only.

Hope that helps.
    I just called and was told that the promotion is only for employees of certain corporations who have accounts under corporate tax id s (not social security numbers), AND who bought their plans between March and May of THIS year. None of the threads reflect this. I think we are talking about a different promotion. Anyone got more details?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mich

Hope that helps.
    Well see, that's the thing, we've been with sprint for 8 years now. We also just upgraded our plan 5 days ago (runs ~$200 a month).
    I've been a Sprint customer for 5 years. I get a discount each month due to my employer but it's not a business account.

I guess it all depends on which retentions rep you get.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    after reading this thread and also just got a 650 for $99.99. Same service plan. I've had my 600 since day one, so I'm pretty pleased.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbabc
    after reading this thread and also just got a 650 for $99.99. Same service plan. I've had my 600 since day one, so I'm pretty pleased.
    Did you call retentions or telesales? I'm gonna give a call to retentions tomorrow during the day and see what's up
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I called *2, telesales I guess?? I told them I was shopping around for a new 650 and they transferred me. I told that CSR that I'd been without a contract for 2 years and wanted to know what a 650 would cost me. She said "oh, I think around $400. What did I want to pay for a new handset." I say.."I've heard a rumor that they're selling for $99." (should have said $50) Anyway that was the deal if they would wave all activation fees etc. I did have to agree to a 2 year contract which was cool with me. Like I said in my previous post, I've had my 600 since they were released and I was on my third one. I was due for the upgrade. Probably do the same with a 700p once the 750p, or whatever comes out.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    does nebody know if these 99$ treos have cameras? i ordered one (new mexico) then i called back for another 2 and the canadian dood told me they dont have cameras . Also, new mexico told me that tonight (friday the 16th) is the last day to order these fones at that price while canada tells me that what new mexico says is a hussle (incorrect info).

Also, the New Mexican gentlemen says that it was 93deg there today! wowweeeeee!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Mine has the camera. The CSR asked if I wanted one with or without. Guess they would supply either.
  15.    #15  
    since sprint has the 700p now an you need power vision.. will sprint spot the regular vision service for t650 soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by kjmtreo
    since sprint has the 700p now an you need power vision.. will sprint spot the regular vision service for t650 soon?
    I'm taking a guess you are saying something to the effect you think "power vision" (EVDO) will be required for those with the 650?!? Since it doesn't have EVDO capabilities, that can't be what you are saying... right?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  17.    #17  
    power vision from sprint is a little new right? my question is.... will sprint stop the regular vision service
    Quote Originally Posted by kjmtreo
    power vision from sprint is a little new right? my question is.... will sprint stop the regular vision service
    No, because then all the people who have vision-only phones wouldn't be able to get online and they'd have a lot of complaints and lose a lot of customers, and probably get sued, unless they were willing to upgrade every vision-only phone to a power vision phone. It would be cheaper and easier to keep the vision running.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I got a Treo 650 from Sprint for $99 recently. I just asked for retention. She said the best she could do was $199, so I said I would leave. She put me on hold. When she came back she said I would need to agree to a 2 year contract to get the price, so it was done. She moved my nights to start at 7 as well for no charge and a $50 service credit. I do get a disount through my employer, so when I call in they always switch me to the business side, which is nice they are always from the US and generally more knowledgable.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    hmm so i called back checking whether mine is with a camera or not, and the gentlemen in canada told me that he didnt see an order on my account.

SO he reorded one and put in a request that i get it with a camera

he also credited the account for 99$, giving me a free treo.