1.    #1  
    I emailed Sling Media support and got the following disappointing response.

Thank you for contacting Sling Media support.

In answer to your email concerning the 700P, this is a Palm OS pocket PC
    and at this time there are no dates for such a product offering of a
    Sling Mobile Player on such a platform. This may change in the future,
    but there are no current plans for Palm OS compatible mobile players,
    and there are no beta test positions as of this time. For additional
    information as it becomes available, you can visit
    Http://www.slingcommunity.com

For future reference your Sling Media email support ticket number is

Best regards,
    Sling Media Support
    Crap.
    no plans to do it??? they are missing out on a big market!! losers...
    Very disappointing. I'm not surprised though. I love the whole idea of the Slingbox, but they're very slow to come out with new stuff. The wait for the WM client was eternal. They're probably aware that the 700p is likely the last of the last of the Garnet based Palm devices, and don't want to invest the resources necessary to build a client for it when they'd have to start over again when the Linux-based Palm devices start appearing. WM sucks, but I'm afraid it's here to stay.
    Palm OS Pocket PC?

No beta test positions?

What planet are they from?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Wait a second. I just read this in the 700P review here on TreoCentral:

"Unfortunately, as this is written, not on a Treo 700p screen. Currently, the Slingbox only supports Windows and Windows Mobile. I've talked to their head honchos, and they ARE working on a PalmOS version of their software for the 700p, but it's still a few months away. I have a Slingbox sitting here in my "stuff to review" pile and when they release the PalmOS version of their Slingbox player/controller, you'll see my write-up on TreoCentral."

Hopefully the peon that answered the email above just isn't "in the know". Or, I guess the "head honchos" could be blowin' smoke up 'ol Harv's skirt, but I would prefer to believe that there WILL be a Slingbox soon. I sure hope so cuz I'm not havin' much luck with ORB. It just isn't working well for me at all...at least yet.
    It is all a game of he said, she said, they said. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    Wait a second. I just read this in the 700P review here on TreoCentral:

"Unfortunately, as this is written, not on a Treo 700p screen. Currently, the Slingbox only supports Windows and Windows Mobile. I've talked to their head honchos, and they ARE working on a PalmOS version of their software for the 700p, but it's still a few months away. I have a Slingbox sitting here in my "stuff to review" pile and when they release the PalmOS version of their Slingbox player/controller, you'll see my write-up on TreoCentral."

Hopefully the peon that answered the email above just isn't "in the know". Or, I guess the "head honchos" could be blowin' smoke up 'ol Harv's skirt, but I would prefer to believe that there WILL be a Slingbox soon. I sure hope so cuz I'm not havin' much luck with ORB. It just isn't working well for me at all...at least yet.

There was to be a sling for palm os back in december. there are old threads on this even here from six months ago.

My feeling is no way.
    everyone should get on the orb bandwagon, i highly recommend it
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    everyone should get on the orb bandwagon, i highly recommend it
    I like orb but with slingbox down to $150 I thought I would give it a try until finding out that the palm os end is classic vaporware
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30

I agree. We really need to swamp there servers with our text. I bought the 700w and hated it. 700p has its issues but I will deal with it. I will be posting on the slingcommunity and I hope others follow. We MUST prevail! hehe.
    FYI - I just heard about a new piece of s/w called "SlingCorder" that allows you to record a SlingBox stream. It's not the same as streaming to the Treo, but I used it to record a stream for a movie that was on my TiVo then I transcoded it for TCPMP using Pocket DVD Studio. It worked great! Not the ultimate solution, but a good way to get SlingBox/TiVo content on to your Treo.

www.applian.com

(note: not affiliated in any way...)