1.    #1  
    I currently have a Treo 650 on Verizon w/unlimited internet (sloW) and also have their wireless broadband card for my laptop. If I move over to the Treo 700 (EVDO) and tether it to my laptop, will the speeds be the same as my wireless broadband card?

I'll probably get hit with a cancellation fee for the broadband card, but it will more than be made up for after several months of savings. I'm paying $59/mo for the broadband card and tethering is only an additional $15/mo on top of the unlimited internet I'm already paying for the treo?

Thank you!

Roadster
    U may want to check the front page story on TreoCentral regarding notices Verizon users are getting regarding using over 10GB on their so called "unlimited plans"
    Sample letter:
    As you know, the terms and conditions that govern your National Access and/or BroadbandAccess account, which were provided to you at the time of service activation and which are posted on VerizonWireless.com, only permit Internet browsing, email, and intranet access. All other activities, such as streaming and/or downloading movies and video, are expressly prohibited by the terms and conditions. A copy of the terms and conditions is enclosed. "We recently reviewed your Verizon Wireless National Access and/or Broadband Access account and found that your usage over the past 30 days exceeded 10 Gigabytes. Your usage was more than 40 times that of a typical user. This level of usage is so extraordinarily high that it could only have been attained by activities, such as streaming and/or downloading movies and video, prohibited by the terms and conditions. Based on these facts, your extraordinarily high levels of usage conclusively demonstrate a violation of the terms and conditions, and your account will be terminated on 5/30/2006."
    Holy %$@#&*(^)(&_^$#####$%@%^$$(&*^(*)&$#@@*(&)_*). Are for real. This had better not be the case. I am going to the site now. I &&*()*^*%&*$$ hate Verizon. They want all this cash, and all they provide is ()&*^*%%%(%$*& service, crippled phones, and extra fees for nothing. This may be the last f*^&%$in straw. BRB
    700pInIt
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    What front page story ?? I don't see it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by roadster
    I currently have a Treo 650 on Verizon w/unlimited internet (sloW) and also have their wireless broadband card for my laptop. If I move over to the Treo 700 (EVDO) and tether it to my laptop, will the speeds be the same as my wireless broadband card?

I'll probably get hit with a cancellation fee for the broadband card, but it will more than be made up for after several months of savings. I'm paying $59/mo for the broadband card and tethering is only an additional $15/mo on top of the unlimited internet I'm already paying for the treo?

Thank you!

Roadster
    I have both the KPC650 EVDO card and the T750p on VZW. I am finding roughly the same connection speeds using the card or the phone. You may want to download a trial of PDANet and see what you find as the company behind PDANet (June Fabrics) wrote key aspects of the software that allow connection through VZAccess Manager.

Additionally, I recommend when using a VZW data connection in order to prevent the connection from going dormant to use a "dormancy killer" command. Basically on your PC go to Start > Run > CMD > Press Enter > type: ping google.com -t It will ping until you hit Ctrl+C to stop it thus keeping your connection live.
    Quote Originally Posted by shuto007 View Post
    What front page story ?? I don't see it!!!
    Bump, can anyone provide a link? I have been unsucessful using the search function to find a thread regarding a Verizon cancellation note.

I did find something below on another site regarding their EVDO card...

http://www.evdoforums.com/thread2366-0-asc-15.html
    Last edited by ProMed; 01/18/2007 at 08:28 AM.