1.    #1  
    I'm here on business, and Sprint Power Vision works great here in roaming mode! Much to my suprise - cool!
    Did you get the message that additional charges may apply?
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Did you get the message that additional charges may apply?
    That message is built into the phone, it comes up any time you access data in a roaming area.

It should have come up when he tried if I understand how it works correctly.
    All I know is that I will never anwer that question yes.
    Sprint now has EVDO roaming in Mexico and Canada (as well as 1xRTT). BTW, Verizon only has 1xRTT, not EVDO to these places.

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ue...c=wirelessData
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Sprint now has EVDO roaming in Mexico and Canada (as well as 1xRTT). BTW, Verizon only has 1xRTT, not EVDO to these places.

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ue...c=wirelessData
    That's cuz Sprint > Verizon
    Yes Sprint is much better than Verizon. My EV-DO speeds on my Sprint 700p are between 300 and 450kbit/sec. Verizon's Q was 30 and 282 kbit/sec.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I wonder how long it'll take to get evdo roaming working in the US. I hear data roaming (1X) is coming soon.
    When i Traveled to Puerto Rico it was the same thing too, full service full data, no roaming
    ^Sprint has native network service in PRPRPR. $It$'$s$ $not$ $roaming$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    I wonder how long it'll take to get evdo roaming working in the US. I hear data roaming (1X) is coming soon.
    Sprint/Alltel EVDO and 1xRTT roaming will start July 1. I wouldn't count on Sprint/Verizon EVDO happening anytime soon though, maybe just 1xRTT.
    I see that Sprint will charge $0.002/kb for data roaming in Mexico. I dont have a feel for kb usage in email and/or web surfing, so I can not understand how expensive this is. Can someone please share some knowledge?
    Wait! Let me get this...Sprint has EvDO in Mexico, around my area, but NOT my neighborhood? What the F*CK.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get a flat rate for North American roaming in either Mexico or Canada. I know that some carriers allow you to roam in Canada for an additional $5 a month, but there are no per minute costs.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhalpert
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get a flat rate for North American roaming in either Mexico or Canada. I know that some carriers allow you to roam in Canada for an additional $5 a month, but there are no per minute costs.
    Here are the links for pricing at VZW:
    North America (Voice) Calling Plans

If you're talking about data roaming, VZW offers a $64.99/month plan here which allows you to have unlimited data access in these countries:
    Canada
    Belgium
    France
    Germany
    Greece
    Hungary
    Ireland
    Italy
    Netherlands
    Portugal Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom
    United States

Other posters can chip in for Sprint.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Let me get this...Sprint has EvDO in Mexico, around my area, but NOT my neighborhood?
    Because Sprint didn't build it down there!
    Seriously, EVDO is rolled out in major metropolitan areas first, then move on to other areas. It's not too surprising to hear that Mexico City which is the capital of Mexico to have EVDO.

(In fact, the developing countries sometimes get more advanced techology first because they didn't have any old infrastructure to start with. E.g. in some areas of China you can find some poor peasants carry a cellular phone with them but they don't even have enough to eat!)
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Is EVDO in Puerto Vallarta?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc
    This URL from Sprint and this URL from evdoinfo may help answer this question, and also the question on pricing for roaming in Mexico and Canada on Sprint.

According to the above links:

In Canada, data service roaming is available in the Greater Toronto Area, Greater Montreal Area, Quebec City, Mt. Tremblant, Ottawa, Hamilton, Oakville, Burlington, Muskoka, Halifax, St. John’s, Charlottetown, Moncton and Fredericton through Bell Canada’s wireless networks.

In Mexico, data roaming is available in Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas*, Cancun*, Comalcalco*, Cozumel*, Cuidad del Carmen*, Guadalajara*, León, Macuspana*, Matamoros, Mérida*, Mexicali, Mexico City*, Monterrey*, Nuevo Laredo, Playa del Carmen*, Puebla, Puerto Aventuras, Puerto Morelos, Queretaro, Reynosa, San Jose del Cabo*, San Luis de Rio Colorado, Tecate, Tuxtla*, Vera Cruz and Villahermosa* among other cities through the Iusacell network.

All listed Canada locations and marked (*) Mexico locations support EV-DO roaming.

The above info was posted on 6/21/2006.
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc
    I would guess (and hope) Yes.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    just checked iusacell in mexico's website, they have 3G service (EvDO) in Puerto vallarta.

I know they also have good EDGE coverage which is free via tzones... verified by me on various trips.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.