1.    #1  
    Seidio now offers an advanced GPS Navigational Car Kit for your 700p! The G4850T in particular allows for true stereo output and provides the foundation to turn your Treo 700p into a system that includes a state-of-the-art, real-time navigation system, and hands-free speakerphone. You'll be able to use your Treo 700p as the ultimate mobile communications and guidance system it was meant to be!

The G4850 includes the following features:

Built in GPS Receiver - includes an integrated GPS receiver that uses the latest SIRF Star III chipset
    Multifunction Cradle - securely holds your Treo in place and comes equipped with the needed components to mount your Treo in one of two ways: an 8-inch windshield pedestal and an air vent pedestal
    Built-in Speaker - includes a high-quality speaker that provides a powerful volume boost to allow you to use your Treo as a viable hands-free phone system
    External Microphone includes a high-quality external microphone to help ensure that your phone conversations come through loud and clear
    True Stereo Audio Output - includes an audio-out port that allows you to route your output (GPS commands and phone calls) through your car's audio system using our optional FM Transmitter Kit
    B/T Headset Capability - B/T headsets may be used while your Smartphone is in the cradle for added privacy and convenience

Please contact christinesilver@seidio.com or visit our website at https://www.seidioonline.com/index.a...ROD&ProdID=366 for more information on this product.
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 06/12/2006 at 04:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    This looks like a great product, but can anyone vouch for the sound and microphone quality? I'd love to see this paired with the GROM Interface for Palm (http://www.gromaudio.com/). What is the mounting bracket on the back like? Could I use it with a Kuda mounting base (http://www.kudausa.com/kuda_mount_an...02-34-314.html)? Thanks for any advice that can be given.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    One more question - Can you use the Seidio crystal case or premium skin case with this holder? It looks like it would be a very tight fit.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Yet one more question - When will this be sold with the new TomTom6 bundled? I see that Palm is shipping TomTom6 now but TomTom isn't yet.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gruswitz
    One more question - Can you use the Seidio crystal case or premium skin case with this holder? It looks like it would be a very tight fit.

Sorry, you can only use it with the naked Treo. Our tolerances are so exact on our car cradles that there isn't any extra room left to allow for the best security for your Treo.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gruswitz
    Yet one more question - When will this be sold with the new TomTom6 bundled? I see that Palm is shipping TomTom6 now but TomTom isn't yet.

As of right now, the only people that have supplies of Tom Tom 6 is Palm. We are told that it will be available sometime in September, but I couldn't give you a firm date yet. As soon as it is released, we will change our bundling to include the latest version.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thanks David. That cleared up those two questions. A third was answered by your support staff in an email today:
    Q: What is the mounting bracket on the back like? Could I use it with a Kuda mounting base (http://www.kudausa.com/kuda_mount_a...002-34-314.html)?
    A: Our locking plate has the standard vehicle mounting patterns on it's call
    the "AMPS pattern" with four screw hole on it, if your Kuda mounting base
    has the "AMPS patterns on than it will definitely compatible.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    David the final thing unanswered was more of a product idea than something that I think is immediately attainable:
    I'd love to see the G4850T paired with the GROM Interface for Palm (http://www.gromaudio.com/).

The GROM device gives a digital signal output directly to the car audio player for the best possible sound. It also allows for control of the Treo by the steering wheel controls. Are there any plans for such integration in future models or the ability to connect one of your cradles like the G4850T to a device like the GROM?

I'd also love to see a future version of the cradle have adjustable arms so that it could accommodate any case. At this point, I'm leaning toward the Palm GPS system and the GROM, though I'd prefer to have the speakerphone integration and non-Bluetooth GPS of the G4850T. The lack of ability to accommodate a case is a serious downside to the G4850T and the control from the steering wheel buttons is very attractive.

I'm still a couple months from a purchase so, we'll see what comes to pass.
    I finally got my G4850T to work with my 700p. I think the enabler was an upgrade of PdaNet to 4.10. And TomTom Navigator 6 works wonderfully.

I'm not impressed by the built-in speaker, but I will hold out hope for wiring the audio output into an external speaker.

When I received a call, however, I flipped open my Motorola H700 BT earset like I always do, but the call was not routed through the earset. I heard the caller through the Seidio's speaker instead, and I think the caller heard me (poorly). I definitely do not want this behavior. I want the call routed through my H700. Seidio's literature says I should be able to use the BT set even when the phone is in the cradle, but how?
    -- Kevin Andrew Lipscomb
    -- http://kal.webhop.net